I found this in an Op shop:- ID please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mad_at_arms

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I found this in an Op shop whilst visiting my parents, just wondering if anyone can tell me more about the maker, others in the series maybe?
RBDsmall.jpg

Had a google and it wasn't fruitful.
No numbers or words printed on it.

Looks like Ctenophorus vadnappa, red barred dragon. Goodluck finding the source.

Its about 14cm in length.
I just wonder if its part of a series, and if so what are the others?

It looks fairly well done... I would contact your nearest Museum and ask if they could point you in the right direction
Good luck

I've seen pieces like this at an Adelaide Herp Society meeting - I can't remember the artists name though. Beautiful stuff, I'll have a look and see what I can find. It looks like the same handiwork.

This is the guy: Roger Hjorleifson. Here's some of his work...

Reptiles - Sculpture by Hjorleifson

Last edited:
Wow I had a look on his site, his work is amazing!

He had better stuff at the meeting. I honestly thought some of them were taxidermy, the lacies in particular were very lifelike. It's the detail in the scales and skin in the op-shop bargain above that makes me think that either it's one of his or there are two people out there who do really meticulous lizards.

He had better stuff at the meeting. I honestly thought some of them were taxidermy, the lacies in particular were very lifelike. It's the detail in the scales and skin in the op-shop bargain above that makes me think that either it's one of his or there are two people out there who do really meticulous lizards.

Meticulous lizards - for some reason that made me laugh until my sides split. :lol:

Meticulous lizards - for some reason that made me laugh until my sides split. :lol:

It was the best word I could think of at the time - I've been really scatterbrained lately :p My wee darlings have been giving me the kind of treatment that requires a padded corner, hug-yourself-jumper, several colourful imaginary friends and a humming song one can really rock to :D

No worries mad_at_arms - there's still a possibility it could be one of his earlier pieces, and with some touch up paint here and there where it's worn it would look just as lifelike. It's really very unique, I like it.

Renenet - ever since you pointing out 'meticulous lizards' I've been randomly having giggle fits all day imagining little monitors in little top hats and waistcoats eating delicate sandwiches and having tea. It's ruined my productivity ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back