bhp coffing? sneezing,? please help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

katjase

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi my hubbys not home he has gone fishing and im ****ting myself.
the female bhp is kind of sneezing,-, coffing with a large hiss her whole body tenses up she lifts her head opens her mouth and out it comes.(the coffing-sneeze thing)with a hiss.
her temps are fine,
humidity fine
she has nevr done it and im crapping myself,
like i said she has never done it before she is healthy and perfect, other than this.it started 10min ago is it normal?

also theres no bubbles, wheezing or clicking

Last edited:
It sounds like the beginning of an RI. Although there are no bubbles yet, they are generally the last sign you notice. Have you measured the temps in the enclosure in the early hours of the morning? Sometimes they can drop lower than you would think. Keep the temperatures up and check them in the early hours of the morning. You can generally cure an RI in early stages by keeping the enclosure 30 degrees day and night, that means the whole enclosure, not just a basking area.

Gird

More heat!!!!! I made the same mistake once with one of my Woma's. when i noticed her symptoms of a RI, i placed her in a smaller enclosure and pumped the heat! the coldest part was around 26 degrees and my hot spot was above 35! don't switch off the heat over nite!!! she was perfect 2-3 weeks later....

Hi,
I have had this happen when spraying certain cleaning products or pesticides near the enclosure and similar reaction can take 2 to 15 mins to occur. Only my BHP's react so violently, none of my other pythons.

Hi,
I have had this happen when spraying certain cleaning products or pesticides near the enclosure and similar reaction can take 2 to 15 mins to occur. Only my BHP's react so violently, none of my other pythons.

Iv only ever used F10, metholated spirits and Top of Decent in my snake room... its never given my any issues with my BHP or other pythons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back