GRAPHIC IMAGE WARNING: bhp tumor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah1234

Reaction score
I wanted to post this here to save my non-snakey facebook friends from the graphic pictures, but so I could share with those who are interested.

Recently, my beautiful axanthic BHP had a lump, which turned out to be a large tumor attached to her kidney. It was removed and tonight I went to pick her up (finally), and the vet brought it out so I could take a look/poke it. Crossing fingers my girl will get better and no more growth will appear. But yeah take a look. I had to take some pictures as this thing was immense.

Photo0056.jpg

Photo0057.jpg

Photo0058.jpg

Photo0059.jpg

The kidney is the long piece (not the huge lump and other nodules).

okay wasnt expecting that graphic. i no longer want you, toasted sandwich..
haha

i wish her the best recovery, lets hope it doesnt happen again..

Bloody hell, do you have a pic of the snake before the op?

I have pics before the lump showed up. I will post later as I'm exhausted and traumatised haha. It's been very heavy. I have the tumor in the freezer as I want to inspect it when I'm feeling better.

xena will hopefully recover well, glad she is back home Sarah.,
angus is still waiting to meet her :)

hugs

I must be getting too used to looking at animal insides at uni because I don't think it's that graphic. Happynagini, your toasted sandwich sounds delicious and I'll have it if you don't want it anymore. :)

Sarah, I hope your BHP recovers well and doesn't have a reoccurrence. How old is she? Was the tumour biopsied? I look forward to seeing the pre-op photos - and some post-op photos in a few weeks when she's healed up.

Thanks everyone big cross fingers. Really hoping it doesn't come back.

Renenet, she is 3 years old (small for her age due to not feeding for previous owner). The tumor wasn't biopsied but I have it in the freezer for when I want to do it myself. Which I will at some point. Not that I'm a vet or anything, its just interesting.

I must be getting too used to looking at animal insides at uni because I don't think it's that graphic. Happynagini, your toasted sandwich sounds delicious and I'll have it if you don't want it anymore. :)

Sarah, I hope your BHP recovers well and doesn't have a reoccurrence. How old is she? Was the tumour biopsied? I look forward to seeing the pre-op photos - and some post-op photos in a few weeks when she's healed up.

After a few deep breaths, i soldiered on :)

OMG, it really does look like an elephant fetus!

best wishes to ur girl for a speedy recovery and fingers crossed it doesnt return!!

I have seen this twice before once on a bhp and once on a jungle , would be great to know what the cause is ,
the bhp was diagnosed too late and was thought to be a bowel blockage and sadly died , my female jungle was saved by a very good vet here in melbourne Dr Karren Davies and was passed on as a pet to one of her employees , initially we thought she was egg bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back