bhp question.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

happynagini

Reaction score
hey
when i like an animal, im willing to pay any amount for it
i know you all say money shouldnt matter with animals blah blah
but i dont know much about BHP's, i dont even know what locale this one is.
im buying it off my friend next week, but i just want a knowledgeable opinion from someone with BHP knowledge, is this python worth $450?
i dont know the price range for these snakes.
im buying it regardless, i just want to know for future reference, if i have to eventually sell the animal, would putting $450 on it make me look stupid haha.

(i have no plans to sell this snake, im just wanting more information about it.)

thanks in advance for not being mean to me. :)

oh, and its about 7 months old.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-08-04 at 8.06.02 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-08-04 at 8.06.02 PM.png
    457.2 KB · Views: 136
thats about an average price :)

beautiful snake by the way :) id buy her for 450 :p

If i were to take a stab i think it would be a QLD BHP. It looks pre-shed tho. I guess the question to ask is are you happy to pay the amount? is it worth $450 to you? For example i would'nt even pay 600 bucks for an Albino Darwin. They are not my thing but id happily pay a $1500 for a good looking Scrubby...
In my opinion its and average price so its a fair price and its also a stunning animal. You would certainly get your money back with some size on her!

Do it! :)

The colour on that snake is awesome, love the defined dark stripes and it will glisten like it's been oiled once it sheds. $450 is an excellent price, especially if you know the history and it's shedding, feeding and handling well. You'll find BHP's are normally a docile snake, they might hiss and head bump if they are threatened or scared or handled roughly, but ours is fantastic - I'd say if you like it - go for it!!!

at $450 id buy it , they seemed like they where around the 500 mark when i was looking at them so $450 isnt bad at all and like you said if you like the animal you will pay whatever the seller is asking (within reason of course )

great price, i payed nearly double for mine,a fews years back though

okay thanks alot guys, very reassuring! i actually have rego due in december so if im seriously stuck for cash this will probably be the snake id have to sell, so i dont wanna get completely ripped off
sounds bad but thats life i guess..

obviously have my priorities sorted, instead of saving for rego im buying a snake haha..

any idea on the locale yet?

I was very lucky in getting my pair for $600... but you can easily pay $600 for one. $450 is a pretty good price. But as others have said... id be prepared to pay any amount (obviously within reason) for the snake i wanted.

Just my opinion but i would defs buy that for $450 for that. It's simply gorgeous :)

If I was you I wouldn't buy it but can you send me your mates details so I can buy it

Im from perth and iv seen people pay up to $1800 for one thats nothin out if the ordanary, just our crazy prices, i think there avaraging on 1200 now. Iv got 3, 2 are gentle giants bout 2.5 mtrs and the 3rd has nice bold markings. I didnt pay nearly 1200 all up but would gladly have payd more. Get it bhps are a great snake

this one is about to shed have a look at the eyes. i would really love to see the colour after it sheds so dont forget to post pics!!!

this one is about to shed have a look at the eyes. i would really love to see the colour after it sheds so dont forget to post pics!!!

have a look at my bhp bluff thread it has a video
hes still halfway through a shed three weeks later
really frustrating

You had him out again yet ?

You had him out again yet ?

yeah hes been fine!! i think he was really annoyed in this video just because my bredli was in plain sight and it stirred him up
i get him out with a hook but because i dont want to get tagged, but once hes out hes lovely. the occasional big exhale and huff but thats it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back