Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sunshine coast is slightly warmer than the south coast

ian,if it was so simple,whats with dps?

are u guys denying dps exists?

dps=diamond python syndrome

why isnt it called carpet python syndrome?

they are all exactly the same arent they

sunshine coast is slightly warmer than the south coast

ian,if it was so simple,whats with dps?

are u guys denying dps exists?

dps=diamond python syndrome

why isnt it called carpet python syndrome?

they are all exactly the same arent they

DPS does exist, the reason why is not complete as yet but it is believed to be due to keeping Diamond Pythons in too warm/hot of conditions & no other reason explained as yet. Hopefully soon to be added to wiki.

I have not heard of DPS in other Morelia species except for a thread i read a long time ago that had no proof.
So therefore there is no reason why another Morelia species could not be kept as cool as a Diamond & suffer from DPS you are battling the wrong way my friend.
Even Diamonds need to heat up a certain amount to digest & become active right?

Cheers
Ian

I apologize if i am comming accross the wrong way. Please read previous posts that i made the comment that if i had an itergrade Diamond x Coastal(which i don't) i would house as a Diamond as i believe that a lot of people house thier Morelia too hot anyway. They only need to get thier temp up to about 28 to 30 c to become recharged & digest thier food. so why subjsect a Morelia to more than that unless you are trying to stimulate breeding & even then they need a cool retreat.
The missus is due home soon & she will hog the computer & i should have done some work around the house today, but this forum is more entertaining.
Oh well tomorrow.

Last edited:
i didnt say keeping carpets cool would expose them to dps

just saying if they are exactly the same species,why is one type prone to it,yet all the others arent,why cant they do well kept like carpets

why arent murry darlings prone to it,another cold adapted form

they wont get dps,they will succumb to the coolness,as they are not all cold adapted animals

lol ian,naughty boy,no need to apoligise either mate,its great getting different views on things

Last edited:
i didnt say keeping carpets cool would expose them to dps

just saying if they are exactly the same species,why is one type prone to it,yet all the others arent,why cant they do well kept like carpets

why arent murry darlings prone to it,another cold adapted form

they wont get dps,they will succumb to the coolness,as they are not all cold adapted animals

lol ian,naughty boy,no need to apoligise either mate,its great getting different views on things

Richo i can't definatively(if a word) awnser your question, but let me say this i would rather house a Darwin Carpet like a Diamond Python rather than the other way around. I don't have the unexplained awnsers & i wish someone did to help us all out.

What i can tell you is that the missus came home & asked me what i did today?
I said- Nothing
She said- But you did that yesterday
& I said- but i have not finished yet.

LOL
Cheers
Ian

just gonna throw this argument open again if you guys dont mind............. I have a diamond x coastal (not calling it an intergrade), if i breed him with a "pure" diamond (from dolittle farms), what would their offspring be classified as?

Coastal x diamond. Calling them pure is dishonest. I'd rather just leave your diamond x coastal as a pretty pet and buy a pure diamond for your female.

This is also an old thread. You might want to make your own so people don't reply to the opening post instead.

just gonna throw this argument open again if you guys dont mind............. I have a diamond x coastal (not calling it an intergrade), if i breed him with a "pure" diamond (from dolittle farms), what would their offspring be classified as?

Pet pythons.

Hey buddy I have 7 little baby Diamond X Coastals that should be up for sale pretty soon. I give em a couple more weeks as I'm making sure they are all feeding strongly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back