Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
have you guys considered hemp as a substrate it is fantastic .

i think hemp is a better product than critter crumble

try hemp its 100% organic

Last edited:
have u tried using the sun?

Yes, and I'm sure in summer it will be great, however at the moment it's a pain in the backside. I don't have anywhere that's sheltered enough from the wind but still gets enough sun, and it keeps bloody raining!!!

You guys are kidding right? Not roasting anyone but seriously, what do you think grows where these snakes are from in the wild? um bark...or sand (and if someone starts talking about a snake with impaction on that I will probably scream).

We have eucalyptus bark in some of our GTP enclosures for over a year as it helps hold the humidity better then the cat litter stuff (critter kruble) or newspaper etc that others use...

Roast me if you like but if you want something natural for your animal then give it decent bedding, last 6mths or so have used some of that new hemp bedding available for our woma's, olives etc that is dust free and seems to go ok as long as your willing to do a complete change of it every couple of months or sooner if it gets wet/yucky (cheap at $25-30 a bale as well).

When we set up with bark or hemp bedding we make sure to give it a decent hit with some mite spray before you set the enclosure up (or remove pet and water in established enclosures), that stuff kills just about everything!

As for the snake cutting or hurting themselves? Are you guys serious? Really dont even know what to say to those comments...

Just buy your bark from a landscape yard, be a lot cheaper than bagged stuff from Bunnings. Graded bark has 'no nasties' in it for those of you suffering extreme paranoia.

Hey
i recently got wood shavings.
its says its for produce farm and agriculture. the wood shavings are the same sort if thickness you would get from using a hand planner.just wondering if this would be ok for my pythons. (for their breathing and what not)
cheers
phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back