Newb post - Mac or Hybrid?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannahmania

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Sorry - I know this is done a lot.

I have just been reading through some info on snake identification... and I am wondering a bit about my Spotted that I purchased last week (first time snake owner and all that).

She is 2 years old and about 1.1m, so a reasonable size already, and I don't doubt that she has spotted blood... but looking at some of her features, she seems to have that scale on her head that is distinctive to the Childrens, and maybe that line thing? (I am not sure if I am looking at the right thing there though).

So I am guessing that she is more likely a hybrid?

She is absolutely beautiful - I wouldn't change her for the world. She is amazingly placid - she is so calm being handled, and is generally just happy to curl up around my arm and rest when I get her out, and is really settled in her enclosure, quite happily warming herself on top of her hide at the moment. But I was vaguely considering the possibility of breeding from her somewhere down the track, and I am thinking if she is a hybrid that is probably not a good idea? :(

I have added some photos of my gorgeous girl. Whatever she is, I think she is stunning. :)

(excuse the poor iPhonetography)

7716093634_d5341b6d6d_z.jpg7716079542_bc71c860f3_z.jpg7716104490_8469ea720e_z.jpg7716084228_e1bf34cddf_z.jpg

I would say it is 100% spotted. lovely snake.

Oh awesome! Thank you! So that little scale on its nose/head doesn't really mean anything then?

She really is a beautiful snake. So amazingly placid and easy going, and (IMO) absolutely beautiful markings!

Thank you!

I have just been back to the place I got her to see if I could get some more of her.

Apparently she was sold to them as an adult (which I knew) - she came from a breeder that had to downsize their collection due to a new job that had them away from home part time. The family had 6 kids who handled the snakes quite a bit, so she is well used to being around kids. :D Possibly someone on here then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back