Black Headed Python Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PythonTricker

Not so new Member
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Herpers,
I am looking at getting a black head and had a few questions,
1 Are they tameable ( i have tamed jungles, so I dont mind getting bit)
2 Do all hatchlings loose that black stripe down their back
3 Are they good pets
4 How big to they grow
5 How big does an enclosure for a fully grown black head need

Feel free to just leave opinons and show me some of your Black headeds

Cheers
P.S I am not new to snake keeping:D

Bhps are awesome pets. They do get big. A 10foot bhp is just the start. They have a massive girth and adults will eat 3-4 adult rats a week so expect big food bills.
Many hatchlings dont have a black stripe down their back. It depends on the locality. Most are very freindly but can be a little cage defensive.
Enclosure should be no smaller than 5foot long.
Hope this helps.

Thanks, I am not trying to say I am a rich b###h but money is no problem for me.
Thanks again

BHP's are the best :) They often don't have to be tamed, some can be cage defensive with the occasional one nasty - but in general they are at worst bluff and generally sookie lala's. They are great as pets and as an adult a 5-6ft enclosure is good at they can easily get 10ft+ :) Not all lose the stripe down the back but generally it depends on their patterning and locality.

This is one of my girls :)
598700_10151041452375522_524374461_n.jpg

iv got a few BHP'S. they range from temperamental bastards to cute and cuddlies. Queensland BHP'S get big! but a big snake sometimes means you dont have to feed as often when they reach adult size. I feed my adult male once a month and its in perfect condition. WA and NT locale BHP'S dont get as big and their colours and patterns vary greatly. So yes they make great additions to a collection... i certainly recommend them. If your heart is set on a BHP then i suggest you spend the time to research which one you'd like. a difficult task coz they are all great! And no they dont all lose their vertebrate patterns. i recommend the WA BHP'S. wICKED colours and they dont get too big.

hope that helps... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back