Snakes in a Pizza Shop ???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RepifilmzTV

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I work at a pizza shop in QLD and my boss loves my pythons and has an amazing fasination in them & he wants to know if he is able to somehow have a display enclosure in the waiting room of the shop and every night work I can bring him and sit him in his enclosure for customers to see :)

So what I am wondering is if it is first of all legal to have a reptile enclosed on a food premises and if it is, Does my boss or me need to fill out something etc to allow it.

Thanks Aussie :D

Since it's a food handling place i really don't see it getting through from a food hygiene preparation perspective. You have two Govt. depts to deal with right there... you never know though, can't hurt to ask the authorities.

Yeah, given the salmonella risk of reptiles I don't really see how you're going to get away with it.

Plus your snake must remain at your property listed on the licence at all times, the only time you can move it is when on a movement advice when purchased, or going to and from the vet. So thers a big issue, it would be easier to have a shop python that lives there, as some schools do. But i have no idea about the same thing in a restaurant, would certainly pull some more customers in though. Ive always dreamt of opening a bar and naming it the green python, and having gtps on display everwhere. We can dream!

They had a snake or two at Bojangles Saloon in Alice Springs, you could sit right next to them and eat your meal. So there has to be some way around it.

Rex from Alice Reptile Park also use to bring his Olive Pythons in for the tourists.

Just remember that the general public aren't as fond of reptiles as you and your boss are.
A python is one of the last things the average person wants to see when ordering their Friday night take away.

You will scare of a lot of customers, well until your snake gets pinched, that is.

Nah, your boss needs an exhibitors license....and his own snake on display but as long as the paperwork is ok it's not derm that deals with the food/snake side. That would be health and safety food place thing and come from your food licensing

They had a snake or two at Bojangles Saloon in Alice Springs, you could sit right next to them and eat your meal. So there has to be some way around it.

Rex from Alice Reptile Park also use to bring his Olive Pythons in for the tourists.

Things work a bit differently in Alice. We're a wee bit more relaxed about concepts like regulations or hygiene.

Good luck with the python pizza shop though. the Bredli is the only reason I ever drink at Bo's. maybe if it works out you'll attract a new class of customers.

Just by chance does the op work for hell pizza? As I was at the gold coast reptile expo a coffin shaped enclosure that would be excellent for a place like hell pizza

No. Also, which store is it? Must add to my list of places never to go.

Plus your snake must remain at your property listed on the licence at all times, the only time you can move it is when on a movement advice when purchased, or going to and from the vet. So thers a big issue, it would be easier to have a shop python that lives there, as some schools do. But i have no idea about the same thing in a restaurant, would certainly pull some more customers in though. Ive always dreamt of opening a bar and naming it the green python, and having gtps on display everwhere. We can dream!

Dreams like that should be kept to your self.... Could be a million dollar idea that would make you a fortune... but now that its out il give it a go....lol ha ha ha :)

Just by chance does the op work for hell pizza? As I was at the gold coast reptile expo a coffin shaped enclosure that would be excellent for a place like hell pizza
Hey im working on a coffin shaped enclosure now. iv had the coffin for a while... i built it a few years ago in high school!

Last edited:
No, not it QLD!
You could try DERM (old EPA) but they'll say:

First you need a license to display/exhibit (different to handling or keeper's license)

Then you need to have a business, not in the hospitality area (as no animals allowed in premises)

Then you'd have to challenge health & safety... Too much risk to the public. Any one too drunk could just smash the glass...
and you'll start a new pizza childreni flava!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

... a coffin shaped enclosure that would be excellent for a place like hell pizza

I saw that, from Custom Reptile Enclosures in Petrie, I was wondering who the hell will buy that!

Now I know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back