Ball pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
darlyn you already mentioned this procedure in your last 3 posts, what do breeders do to stop buyers from breeding snakes that they bought ? how do they desex snakes that way ?

De sexed snakes = Better trained inspectors (who can examine snakes) + more inspections (as it would be easier to hide imports) = higher license prices for all + regular today/tonight stories ( right after the horror tennant/Landlord/neighbour from hell)

Easiest way to prevent these snakes from breeding in Australia is to keep them out.
Failing that, cut its head off and hand it in to the local authorities. I know that these reptiles have their place, but it is not here.

MON

just hold a ceremony and get them to exchange vows.....no sex after that :)

Ha ha ha aha ah he ha aaaah...

darlyn you already mentioned this procedure in your last 3 posts, what do breeders do to stop buyers from breeding snakes that they bought ? how do they desex snakes that way ?

First of all when I said some breeders I only know of two, but I'm sure if they do it others do aswell. Secondly I'm certainly not going to share the info, for quite obvious reasons.

Last edited:
Well clearly they have a goo administrator on that site ensuring correct information is being discussed !!

Ball pythons are the most boring snake there is . only reason they are popular is that they are reluctant to bite and there colors .
the biggest problem with them is they go on hunger strikes. I had one that didnt eat in 5 months and they easily get respiratory problems . in my eyes they will never be a good great pet due to these problems . there is also the morph problems as there has been so much inbreeding

best thing is to stay as far away as you can from ball pythons
And its good thing they are illegal in oz

I have owned 6 at the most and never ever again am i buying one
I dont live in oz

I know this is an old post, and i thought ball pythons were illegal all over aus, and then i found a post on another site selling them in Qld.. Gorgeous snakes, but not worth risking my licence over!! Did a quick google to see if i was right about them being illegal and found this.. Kinda makes me wonder why these people arent getting busted when advertising on the net :-/

I know this is an old post, and i thought ball pythons were illegal all over aus, and then i found a post on another site selling them in Qld.. Gorgeous snakes, but not worth risking my licence over!! Did a quick google to see if i was right about them being illegal and found this.. Kinda makes me wonder why these people arent getting busted when advertising on the net :-/

half of em (at least what i've seen on gumtree anyway) are scams, with some based on the US advertising that it's completely legal in Aus... yeah right

And if they are real, chances are the enforcers of all things legal would have "other priorities" at hand, either that or they don't have a clue on the legalities themselves (sad but true, case in point one thread that's currently floating around).

Considering reptiles aren't exactly a glamorous group of animals to deal with in the first place, you'd find that most societies or organizations, unless they deal specifically with them, to look the other way (yes, i'm looking at you "all creatures great and small")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back