Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deebo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I drove over to WA from brissy a few months ago with my old man as for the last few years he has headed over to go looking for gold so I decided to the drive with him this year as in the past I have flown over and met him kalgoorlie. Wd didnt go to far from Kalgoorlie this time and only went just outside of Orabanda and based ourselves there.

I have a million pics from the trip as the country side is spectactular but here are a few of the more interesting things I saw.....

First up is a DOR snake that I'm not 100% certain on its ID as I dont know vens at all....it was found around kyancutta in SA.

Secondly is the real highlight of the trip - this beasty was only around 1.5m long in total length but was very impressive. I was able to get very close to it and it would just press itself into the ground and then if i took another step closer it would puff up and start to hiss, and then another step and it would raise its body and hiss very loudly and then another step and it would run off for 10m and then crouch down again.

I also found this cool shingleback skull - it was picked clean of flesh but was perfectly intact and a bright gold colour.

I also managed to stumble across a few grams of gold this time - was on the day before I left late in the arvo and found these three pieces in the space of 30 mins and within 50m of each other. We went back to the same area the following morning before I flew out and I spent about 5hours swinging the detector and didnt find another piece! In total the trip was about 12days and my dad getting the flu 2 days out of brissy didnt help as he just basically slept the whole way over.

i will sort the rest of the pics over the next couple of days and post a few more pics.

Thanks.

there had been a lot of rain around Brewarrina and the creeks were flooded and a lot of the farming land was covered in water and we saw numerous turtles crossing the road - my dad was annoyed I kept stopping to move them off the road!

a full body shot.....

Attachments

• IMG_5632.JPG
    IMG_5632.JPG
    281.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_5633.JPG
    IMG_5633.JPG
    366.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_6047.JPG
    IMG_6047.JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_6049.JPG
    IMG_6049.JPG
    365 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_6051.JPG
    IMG_6051.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_6064.JPG
    IMG_6064.JPG
    201.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_6074.JPG
    IMG_6074.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_6043.JPG
    IMG_6043.JPG
    516.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Snake looks to be Pseudonaja inframacula.

thanks for that....nice to know what it is.

Nice find with the gold. From the thumbnails I thought the thing in your hand was a nugget!..on closer look I see it's a shingleback.

I wish that was a nugget! haha! Cant do much with 2.8g of gold but was exciting just to find some and get it out of the ground after digging up hundreds of pieces of rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back