Case study

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptile_keeper_luke

Reaction score
Hey everybody
im just doing a study on Pogona vitticeps
It's on behavior so i'd really appreciate it if everybody could please post movements such as head bobs or tail wiggles, what situation it was in and what you believe it means?
thank you :)

head bob. Usually male and is a dominant sign
Arm wave. Usually female and a submissive sign

.I thought they arm wave to help with thermo regulation? Our female used to do it when there were no others around and usually when in her basking spot or soon after leaving it. Our male also does it.
Not saying your wrong, it’s just an observation.

Hey everybody
im just doing a study on Pogona vitticeps
It's on behavior so i'd really appreciate it if everybody could please post movements such as head bobs or tail wiggles, what situation it was in and what you believe it means?
thank you :)

What's the study for? Also if you ask me this is not exactly the most rigorous way of collecting data.

When I first got my Beardie I thought it was male because it was so agressive. A friend who breeds them took a look at him one day and said he was most likely a female due to the fact she had one small bump and not two, had a very triangular head and the spots on the undersides of her back legs were dull. Although she did, and still does, head bob AND wave. Not at anything in particular, I don't have any other Beardies, and I've often caught her doing both the head bobbing and waving all by herself in my room. To be fair though, she is a tad weird. :p

Sometimes u get dominant females and submissive males

i've seen both the females and male both head bob and arm wave it's a intraspecies signal between dragons all dragons arm wave and head bob. males tend to head bob alot more breeding time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back