Bearded dragon behaviours

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardlove

Reaction score
Hi,
One of my bearded dragons (unsure of sex) head bobs and arm waves
why does it head bob and arm waves i got told males head bob and females arm wave ?
my beardie (unknown sex) arm waves when my male bearded dragon head bobs and moves its tales and runs around
i have a female bearded dragon aswell but i dont think she is insterested in mating is there anyway i can make her interested?
do you thing my unknow sex is a male or female?
sometimes my male bites the female neck but then lets go why does he do this?

I know There is alot of question here they are bellow

Why does my unknow sex beardie head bob and arm wave?
How can i make my other female beardie interested in mating?
why does the male bite the female neck and lets go after 20 seconds?

I dont mind if you cant anwser all the questions
thanks

I am no expert but this is my experience and what I was told.

Why does my unknown sex beardie head bob and arm wave?
It could be a male, sometimes you cant tell unless you look under the tail, there are many sites, youtube included that show you how to properly sex your dragon. If you still cant tell then post some pics up with the tail upwards (please look at how to do it first, it can hurt the dragon if done incorrectly.) If it is a male or female, a head bob or arm wave could be either signalling dominance or submission, my girl hand waves when she is feeding as well so it depends on what they are doing.

How can i make my other female beardie interested in mating?
I dont understand why you are trying to make her, anyway what makes you think she is not interested? What I mean is, what are the actions she is doing, e.g walking away, ignoring him etc.

Why does the male bite the female neck and lets go after 20 seconds?
How old is your male, maybe he is immature, young or maybe he is inexperienced. Sometimes females bite each others necks, as a sign of dominance or sexual frustration. How is he biting her neck? - Meaning is he biting her and shaking his head, is he biting, moving his tail in to position but nothing happens, etc?

More info please :)
Plus I would love to see some pics, I love beardies :)

Hi
I want them to breed cause i love them and want more but its ok if they dont (of course)
she ignores him and walks away as you said

the male bites her neck and shakes his head then lets go
i will get some pics tomoz
my male is 4-5 years approx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back