As Promised...Here It Is!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Plain_Nuts

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well after all the secrecy here's the crocodile enclosure we built for the Gold Coast Reptile Expo. It ended up bigger and bigger till it reached it's final size of 2.2m H x 1.9m W x 0.95m D. The crocodile is 1.2m long, with the aquarium being about 780 Litres. We had to build this to come apart in 3 pieces so that it can be moved and fit through a standard single doorway.

[video=youtube;hd66BXijgKw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd66BXijgKw&list=UU-9YwI7yNEXniaL2rdmkrGA&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

I wish NSW would change the keeping laws to allow keepers to have at least freshie's.... I would love a enclosure like that in my loung room.....

argh, why cant i see it, all i can see is a black box!!

Hi

firstly that is one epic enclosure. I have one question, I noticed at the expo that the enclosures with water have three pieces of glass to make the front, with the bottom piece that holds the water i noticed that when the water is full it is about an inch or so lower than the top of the glass where there is a gap and then the glass doors above. When a large animal is living in this set-up like that croc and it makes alot of movement in the water does any water then come out over the top of said gap due to large ripples or splashes on the surface of the water, I only say this as i have a very large oscar and if i didnt have glass on top of his tank with an added rubber seal around the top then i would have copious amounts of water on my floor whenever he gets active near the surface and thats with about 5 inches of space between the top of the water and the top of the tank.

Again..just an observation

Every time I see a new enclosure you've made, it's at least 80,000 times better than the last one you made. Freakin' amazing!!!!

Saw this on YouTube Ben, it is a great enclosure mate. Was this purposely built just for the expo or is there a lucky buyer somewhere?

Well done mate.

the music is like in a couple of the movies i'v seen like were the dude gets mad then he goes like rage then it plays that music and the guys just kills like everyone like a spartan in halo just decided to drop in the middle of a massive army and you just go rage and there's no sound apart from the music.

Your enclosures are just awesome, cant wait until I have scraped enough money together for one of your enclosures, just got to stop buying reptiles first :p

looks amazing mate love your work.

Hi

firstly that is one epic enclosure. I have one question, I noticed at the expo that the enclosures with water have three pieces of glass to make the front, with the bottom piece that holds the water i noticed that when the water is full it is about an inch or so lower than the top of the glass where there is a gap and then the glass doors above. When a large animal is living in this set-up like that croc and it makes alot of movement in the water does any water then come out over the top of said gap due to large ripples or splashes on the surface of the water, I only say this as i have a very large oscar and if i didnt have glass on top of his tank with an added rubber seal around the top then i would have copious amounts of water on my floor whenever he gets active near the surface and thats with about 5 inches of space between the top of the water and the top of the tank.

Again..just an observation

We havent had much of a problem with this as the gap between the two glass sections is only a couple of mm. With the thickness of the glass and this small gap it's usually not too bad. We havent had a croc in there for any more than a couple of days

Saw this on YouTube Ben, it is a great enclosure mate. Was this purposely built just for the expo or is there a lucky buyer somewhere?

Well done mate.
lucky buyer in brisbane putting in turtles

...and the price on one of these bad boys?

about $4800 with everything including state of the art filtration

Is that wide enough for a 4ft croc
probably pushing it slightly for this sized croc but he was only in there for the weekend...having said that he seemed happy enough

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back