What breed is this snake??? Any help would be great..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue1V

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new here and would like to say hi to you all..!!

I am looking at purchasing a Diamond Python, I have found a young one available and i am not sure it is even a Diamond. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks..20120809_130434.jpg

I am no expert but the head looks Jungle ,, and patteren of diamond I would say it is a cross of both ....

+1, def looks lie it has a jungles head and a diamonds body, I'm no expert either but I would imagine if it was pure diamond the head pattern would be different

hard to tell as i have seen many diamond hatchies like that and they have no jungle gene

Baby Coastal Carpet for sure, and pretty thin if it's a recent photo... when did it hatch do you know? Should be at least 6 months old by now, and a bit more robust looking than that, but if the photo was taken by the breeder just after hatch, it looks OK.

Coastal though, not a Diamond - the pattern is too large and bold.

Jamie

I'm with Jamie on this one - Coastal... As soon as I looked at it, I thought, nup, not a Diamond.... Sorry!

And yes, if that pic is just after it hatched, all well and good, but if that's a recent pic, be warned!

Just my two cents' worth!

FFS! Just as the person selling the snake to post pics of the parents and be done with it.

Honestly the ammount of people putting their two cents in and have clearly know idea astounds me. (actually on second thoughts it does not)

Norm have that crash helmet ready just in case of keyboard shrapnel. lol

I'm with Jamie, looks like a coastal, though could be a Diamond intergrade, my high green Diamond has similar colouring too

Last edited:
The photo was taken today. I am trying to get the hatched date and a photo of the parents. All other diamonds i have seen are black and not brown like this one.

I'm NOT AN EXPERT. But in MY OPINION I'd have to GUESS its a coastal x diamond. Or a jungle x coastal. Or a coastal x jungle/diamond intergrade.

Its OK guys, there's plenty of people here who ARE experts, and don't need to GUESS...

Keeping out of this but just wondering how difficult it is going to be to sell diamonds in the future when everyone questions every little colour variation.
Ask to see the parents or buy from a reputable breeder. The only way to be sure what you getting.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, I sense some tension on this forum. I am a novice and want a young diamond python to start with. I have been told they are very placid and are not that hard to keep. I am just asking the question because when I look at diamonds on the net they are all black with white or have a green through it but still have the white markings. This “Diamond” looks nothing like what I was expecting. I thank you all for your input and appreciate your time. I have asked the questions you suggested so I hope to get you all the answers so that we can identify its breed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back