What breed is this snake??? Any help would be great..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got real diamonds and like all morelia there is variation in the clutch its a diamond if thats what the rego papers say it is.

It will change as it grows...looks like a yellow diamond juve to me. Good rule of thumb, whatever lizardlady says, go with the opposite.

Clearly guys its a keelback x Green tree python! how cant you see that?

Sorry cant help on I.D.

All hatchling diamonds are brown. But there is no way that is a diamond from the central coast or further south.

Actually, true Diamonds are not a good snake for beginners. They have special requirements, and if they contract Diamond Python Syndrome, as MANY do, it won't have a long and healthy life. But this is NOT a true Diamond Python...

Jamie

very hard to tell. cross breeding carpet pythons sub species is very hard to tell looks like anything from diamond to coastal to jungle.
it looks mostly diamond to me, as they color up alot in the first year

very hard to tell. cross breeding carpet pythons sub species is very hard to tell looks like anything from diamond to coastal to jungle.
it looks mostly diamond to me, as they color up alot in the first year

Diamonds are much more about pattern than colour, especially at that age colour means little, if anything. It's not a Diamond if pattern characteristics are taken into account. And if it's a cross, it shouldn't be sold as a Diamond...

Jamie

Wise heads will prevail.... hopefully.

I usually do :), by sheer persistence lol!

Why do people post in these threads if they really have no clue what it may be? People that post these threads aren't looking for opinions based on pictures. Whilst probably harmless (and annoying) on python ID threads, it's potentially very dangerous in ID threads involving venomous snakes. I think it's good to get into the habit of not commenting if you only have your uneducated opinion to contribute.

Why do people post in these threads if they really have no clue what it may be? People that post these threads aren't looking for opinions based on pictures. Whilst probably harmless (and annoying) on python ID threads, it's potentially very dangerous in ID threads involving venomous snakes. I think it's good to get into the habit of not commenting if you only have your uneducated opinion to contribute.
Ven Id are mostly correct, people dont muck around as much. Obviously some people with little knowledge are going to take a guess for who knows what reasons, if some loser said this was a king brown whilst everyone else is sayings its carpet python it is up to the person who started the thread who they believe. everyone needs to use common sence

I guess I would suggest that you take your time and look at lots of hatchies of the breed youare thinking you would like to purchase....do your homework....then you wont need to post a thread such as this....

second word of advice...buy from a reputable breeder you know youc an trust to stand behind what they breed. Look for someone whois a breeder on this site with a reputation...which is easy to check by looking at their presence and the amount of postings et they do on the forum....

ok had my two cents worth now....

Ven Id are mostly correct, people dont muck around as much.

I'm not sure if we've been reading the same ID threads tbh. How is the OP going to know who to believe when we're all random people on the internet. I think it far better if people have the common sense to NOT post if they don't know. There's no reason for them to have any input at all other wise.

the amount of postings et they do on the forum

Didn't realise post count was an indication of knowledge. I must be a genius :lol:

My 5yo says its a coastal!

And cause he's always right...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

everyone on here is taking a guess of what sub species it is, even the more experienced guys... there is no way that anyone can look at that snake (or any other carpet i.d threads) and be 100% certain that it is a coastal, diamond, jungle etc...
it can be anyone of those or anyone mix of those!

as somebody else has said... take the breeders/sellers word or go to a reputable breeder and buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back