my beardie and he's enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillReptiles

Reaction score
hay guys just thought id show my first reptile and hes enclosure

just wondering if anyone know what type he is, i was told when i bought him but kind of forgot because i was shown so many to pick out of :p anyways here it is

btw got a fluro tube now so dont hate :D

Attachments

• 20120723_130616.jpg
    20120723_130616.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 20120728_174940.jpg
    20120728_174940.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 20120720_190850.jpg
    20120720_190850.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 20120720_190857.jpg
    20120720_190857.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 208
  • 20120721_185322.jpg
    20120721_185322.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 179
  • 20120723_130606.jpg
    20120723_130606.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 174
  • 20120723_112913.jpg
    20120723_112913.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 171
great enclosure mate. Always refreshing to see something like this as opposed to small crappy enclosures

Wow very impressive enclosure. And a nice looking central beardie. Keep us updated on this guy. I think he will be a great looking fella

The trouble with no substrate is they can grow up with deformities in there feet. They also love to dig, so environmental enrichment wise, might be good to look into something for substrate. :) I have my beardies on sand, everyone will squeal impaction. I am yet to see, or know of anyone who has actually had a sand impaction. I just feed them in a bowl. I have on the other hand seen a few meal worm impactions. :D Looks fantastic though! Great job! :D

I have heard many people claim that sand will impact their beardies,but it is more likely to be food impaction or poor husbandry.I have had centrals on sand since I bought them as hatchies almost 6 years ago with absolutely no problems and I now have pygmies on sand also with no problems.But DO NOT use calci sand or vita sand as these are really bad products.You can pay big $ and buy repti sand or go to bunnings and buy washed play sand for $6 for 20 kg.I have both types.

Last edited:
leave it how it is mate don't put sand. Sand stinks and holds more bacteria. Also increased risk of impaction. Although it looks good it shouldn't be used.

leave it how it is mate don't put sand. Sand stinks and holds more bacteria. Also increased risk of impaction. Although it looks good it shouldn't be used.

how can you come up with such misleading rubbish,I was keeping reptiles before you were born and have had no problems with sand.Sand does not stink nor hold more bacteria as long as proper husbandry (cleanliness)is maintained.There is more risk of impaction from food than sand.Do you think it is good advice to suggest having a hard floor that will damage the dragons feet?what do you think beardies walk on in their natural environment

Last edited:

What a lot of rubbish!!!

My sand never smelled

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well done it looks great. Very well thought out. Did you say this was your first reptile?

Wow what an amazing set up, I'm so jealous!
(I couldn't open pics before)

what's background made of?

Nice looking fella too :)

Sand is a great substrate for beardies, I use washed and screened playsand from Bunnings for both mine and have done successfully for their entire life. I do however, have natural sandstone tiles under about two - three inches of sand so when they dig, they are also keeping their claws under control. It does not stink if you remove the poos daily.

Hes never on th floor anyways hes always on the rocks but i might go half half or something eventually
Plus centrals in the wild are on a hard floor so i dont see how itll be bad for them thy dont live on the beach :p its compacted sand

Well done it looks great. Very well thought out. Did you say this was your first reptile?
Yep first :)

Wow what an amazing set up, I'm so jealous!
(I couldn't open pics before)

what's background made of?

Nice looking fella too :)

thank you and its styrofoam with 3 layers of grout and painted :) its very easy you just have to use your imagination

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back