the GTP color change thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliherp

Reaction score
i started this thread to make a journal of my chondros color change process aswell as everyone elses. I am verry interested in seeing the stages they go through. It doesnt have to be current neonates that are changeing it can be past animals aswell. Ill start it off. Here is my 10 month old F2 Merauke/Biak.

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 186
Its starting to change!:D only a little bit on its nose and sides you can bareley tell. Is anyone else going to post any pictures of there past or current GTP's color changes?
View attachment 261997View attachment 261996IMG_0309.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Hi Caliherp ,some pics of the little one here over the last 8 months.

Thanks for the picks. Nice snake. I made a typo in my o.p. my GTP is a (Merauke/Biak)x(Merauke/Biak) I have high hopes for this lil one.

So exciting! I just had ours out about 10 mins ago for tank cleaning and noticed that the scales around the labial pits just have the slightest flush of green to them, which wasn't there when I fed it on the 5th.
Took some pics but it is so light that it didn't show up in the photo's. Hopefully soon I will be able to put up some pics where the green is visible.

So exciting! I just had ours out about 10 mins ago for tank cleaning and noticed that the scales around the labial pits just have the slightest flush of green to them, which wasn't there when I fed it on the 5th.
Took some pics but it is so light that it didn't show up in the photo's. Hopefully soon I will be able to put up some pics where the green is visible.

I noticed the same thing on mine. I cant wait untell it sheds. Thanks for all the pictures and replys. I would like this thread to go for the long run so keep on posting pictures and ill do the same.:D

i started this thread to make a journal of my chondros color change process aswell as everyone elses. I am verry interested in seeing the stages they go through. It doesnt have to be current neonates that are changeing it can be past animals aswell. Ill start it off. Here is my 10 month old F2 Merauke/Biak.
Stunning snake mate

This one took just three days yellow to green by far the quickist l have had solar 17 (baden)
4344765674_1053c00a07.jpg

very cool guys, i hope to get one soon, next month if i can, im getting mine from michael cermak if im allowed still after buying the new olive(coming next week i hope)

Few more i found caliherp if they come out

Some gorgeous GTPs, I'm very jealous!

By god Baden, that is probably the most stunning snake I've ever seen.
I'm fairly broke, would you take an arm and/or a leg as payment?
How about a kidney? Hell, have them both.

Our little one From 8 wks old to now. Once the change started it happened over a few weeks mostly.

Attachments

• Peridot 05.01.12_04.jpg
    Peridot 05.01.12_04.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 137
  • 09.04.12_034.jpg
    09.04.12_034.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 17.06.2012_053.jpg
    17.06.2012_053.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 20.07.12 (23).jpg
    20.07.12 (23).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Peridot 22.07.12 (4).jpg
    Peridot 22.07.12 (4).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 25.07.2012_014.jpg
    25.07.2012_014.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 28.07.12_001.jpg
    28.07.12_001.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 29.07.12_004.jpg
    29.07.12_004.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 146
Some gorgeous GTPs, I'm very jealous!

By god Baden, that is probably the most stunning snake I've ever seen.
I'm fairly broke, would you take an arm and/or a leg as payment?
How about a kidney? Hell, have them both.

LOL yeh its a killer colour that one so is Nassools either would do me :)

Nice, is it just the pic or did it lose most of its dorsal pattern?[/QUOTE]

That red stipey pattern down the back of that female when young turned blue and has faded ,generally its just green and yellow ,took a long time to complete the colour change .

Didnt miss with the bite LOL

Nice, is it just the pic or did it lose most of its dorsal pattern?

That red stipey pattern down the back of that female when young turned blue and has faded ,generally its just green and yellow ,took a long time to complete the colour change .

Didnt miss with the bite LOL[/QUOTE]
How long did it take to lose its blue? I dident expect a bite like that. My GTP is tiney and it opend me up. that picture was after i cleaned it and got a tooth out. Anyways my lil one sheded last night. I tryed to take more pictures this morning. It got me again. Im going to feed it and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back