olive python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bowss

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys! pretty new to this forum, been scoping it out for the last few weeks and its great! cant wait to build my collection of snakes, i currently own a blue/green ts and looking at getting an olive python hopefully within the next week or so! anyways can i get some hot tips from any owners? how often should i be feeding her? best temperatures? i have heard many good things about these snakes, that they are very placid etc. and hearing your thoughts would be great to!

cheers!

im getting an olive next week YAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ive got two olive tthreads if ya wanna check those put to.there just like any snake feed once every 1.5-2 wks im guessing(thats ow much i feed al my snakes)

Olives are awesome. I got my first olive 2 weeks ago. He's unreal. 10 feet long and a teddy bear.

got 2 normal olives 1het male and 1 albino female.
,cant go wrong, they are awsome snakes, deffinatley my fav

im getting an olive next week YAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ive got two olive tthreads if ya wanna check those put to.there just like any snake feed once every 1.5-2 wks im guessing(thats ow much i feed al my snakes)

oh nice! ill have a little look then! i was thinking to feed her roughly every 6days, as she's still only a few months old and i wanted to get her bigger haha!

got 2 normal olives 1het male and 1 albino female.
,cant go wrong, they are awsome snakes, deffinatley my fav

mines a het female! maybe ill hit you up in a few years and we can arrange a meet up for them haha ;)

Timmy 2.jpg

Our beautiful boy...just been through his first breeding season and looks like he might have done the job on both our standard and het females (fingers crossed).

Coco 3.jpg

One of our het females....

Our Olives like a nice hot basking spot, they get right up close to our heat panels. Using a temp gun under them they reach high 30's right where the snakes like to sit.

As for feeding - while they are growing let them smash the food down and feed every 6-8 days. As a general rule they should be shedding every 6 weeks if you've got the feed sizes right (if they are shedding quicker then your giving them to much, any longer then about 8 weeks then you need to up their feeds). Pretty much the youngsters put all their energy into growning lengthwise and not girth ;)

Every one of our Olives are inquisitive, gentle when out of their cages and absolutely awesome...bloody good feeders to and pretty easy to look after!

Hope you get as much joy from yours :)

I'm so excited that I finally got a loft bed, so now I have enough space to get an Olive!! Now, I just have to get my tax return. Why does it take so long?!?!

View attachment 262103

One of our het females....

Our Olives like a nice hot basking spot, they get right up close to our heat panels. Using a temp gun under them they reach high 30's right where the snakes like to sit.

As for feeding - while they are growing let them smash the food down and feed every 6-8 days. As a general rule they should be shedding every 6 weeks if you've got the feed sizes right (if they are shedding quicker then your giving them to much, any longer then about 8 weeks then you need to up their feeds). Pretty much the youngsters put all their energy into growning lengthwise and not girth ;)

Every one of our Olives are inquisitive, gentle when out of their cages and absolutely awesome...bloody good feeders to and pretty easy to look after!

Hope you get as much joy from yours :)

thanks for that! great info and it defiantly sound like the perfect snake for me :) i hope i get as much joy out of owning one as you do! how big a cage do you keep your fully grown in? and aspen bedding it fine for them isn't it?

thanks for that! great info and it defiantly sound like the perfect snake for me :) i hope i get as much joy out of owning one as you do! how big a cage do you keep your fully grown in? and aspen bedding it fine for them isn't it?

A 6x2 will suffice for most adults. I reckon newspaper's best for larger snakes.

31b06267-4d76-b903.jpg
31b06267-4d86-96bd.jpg

31b06267-4daf-1215.jpg
31b06267-4dc9-016a.jpg

My big baby.

3ce058f8-df89-0149.jpg

My new Het Olive python :) she's beautiful!! She is such a curious snake .. Money well spent I think!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back