Wall mount fish tanks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike83

Reaction score
hey guys was browsing eBay looking at fish tanks and stumbled across wall mount fish tanks and thought they looked pretty cool with marine set ups so I decided to have a look on youtube to see some set ups and what they look like I found this video 1 year review of wall mounted aquarium with recommendations - YouTube his set up looks really good and now I want to get a set up for my lounge room wall and get some clown fish and other types with some coral and live sand the set up I was looking on eBay was around $599 I think, not cheap but I guess if you don't want to have a big tank and just want to have a nice set up in the lounge room it could look really nice.

Any one on here have ant wall mount fish tank set ups that have salt water and marine fish with coral and all that stuff I know the fish can be pretty pricey and coral is not cheap as well I would slowly build the tank up with things the wall mount tank I was looking at was 6ft long and around 445mm high and 115 deep so they are not really big tanks I think the total weight when filled was around 55kg and around 40L of water I think it was so wouldn't be to hard to keep clean.

I am curious to know if any one has ever wanted something like this and got it if so would love to see some pics or even people with marine set ups what would you recommend I get to start of with.

Gday mike,has it got filtration with it because that can take up room, have you had a marine setup before? not trying to be smart, just asking because normaly when tanks are mounted in the wall like that they normaly have some where to put the filter like a spare room behind the tank to hide everything, if you haven't kept saltwater before i'd get plenty of info and start with the fish first so you get used to checking the water, and then move on to the coral as they are harder to keep i'd go a small setup thats cheap and see how you go, and then move onto biger so you don't waist to much money. :) cheers mate.

Hi jason yeah it comes with a filter and a light and the wall mounting brackets pretty much everything you need. I am new to salt water set ups so yeah I would not buy to much at one id rather get the tank set up and thanks for the advice I would not rush into any coral I think at first id get 2 or 3 fish and be doing ph tests regularly. This wall mount tank I am looking at doesn't hold much water only around 40L so not all that much. I plan do some research on marine set ups and go to local fish shop talk to them get advice and info before I get one.

No worrys mate, you could onley keep a couple of marine fish in that much water, they are diferent then freshwater, they need more water volume but in saying that clowns are pritty hardy, i'd only put a pair in there, or you could go cichlids they kinda look like marine and you could put fake or dead coral in with them, just a couple of options there is a fish thread on here where some other people might be of some help to, check it out.

Cheers for the info the tank is 6ft long tho how many fish do you think you could keep in it. I will have to check that thread out

Here's a guide for you a marine tank you should put one fish for every 120cm square where a fresh tropical it is one fish every
30cm square and a cold water fresh is one every 75cm square i posted on the aquarium post to make it easy to find.

Those calculations you put up top should mean you have about 88lt of water in that tank i think

So what does that work out to be with the amount of fish sorry just not good at working things like that out.

I'd go about one for every 20lt so about four fish depends on how good your filter is i would set it up, throw a couple of dead prawns in let your levels get right and slowly ad two fish then try another two and see how you go, but not big ones maybe the two clowns then a couple of damsels or some thing else small thats not to expensive.

I have mate have this setup make sure u put on the south wall because he put on the north wall the sun heat the outside wall and killed half of his marine fishes :( by the heat wave from summer

I was going to say, from the dimensions you've posted, it seems that it will be about 90 litres of water. This means that you'll have 90kg of water plus the weight of the tank and other stuff to take into account when mounting on the wall. Personally I wouldn't want a wall mounted tank because of the risk of disaster but if you do go that way just be careful and take all the weight into account. (Having said that, if its a concrete wall then a couple of dynabolts will do the job fine)

90Lt is small for a sw setup, chances are you will have it about an hour and decide you should have got 200Lt plus. 200 is a good place to start for a marine tank.

I just thought Id throw that out there because if your anything like me you will regret it (not in a bad way) and upgrade pretty soon.

yeah when you set up salt water make sure you have Heaps of cash
cause you will need
*sump
*protien skimmer
*Chiller
*heaps of Lights
*heaps of salt
i was going to get a 120lt salt water set up
but i got 2 snkes and a 90lt tropical set up /with fish
for under the price to set up the salt water tanks ;]

sorry for Bad Spelling

Status