Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyson001

Reaction score
OK so i decided to start a thread for people to add story's that are total bull that people against reptiles have told you to stop you from getting them. my most recent one is the my uncle story example one of my mates say i was talking to my uncle and he says he new a lady who had a carpet python and they found it laying next to her in the morning the story goes that the snake was sizing her up to eat here the following night so she had to have it put down before it ate her all in dramatic tone then if i comment about the fact there is no way the snake is big enough they retaliate by saying o no wait it wasn't going to eat her just strangle her.so that's one of my story please add if you have any as its interesting to here what people can come up with.please no names.

hahaha tyson, for some reason I think that story your uncle told you is one a LOT of people use, I've had three completely different people (who didn't know each other) tell me that exact one. I also frequently get told that having reptiles caged is "unnatural" and "mean".

I once heard that snakes form a bond with their owner, and they crave human interaction whilst being capable of being trained like a dog.

most common i get told that they are discusting slimmy creatures that bite and will escape during the night and kill me lol
or that they are gonna eat my daughter.

this kid at my school said he owns 150 cobras and that the king cobra is so venoous that if it bites you , you will die instantly.he also said dont get anoother BHP and to get rid of the one i have because they whip you with there tails you will be paralized strait away because they use it like a scorpion.......the kid also lives in NZ and only comes here like once a month for school. lol

this kid at my school said he owns 150 cobras and that the king cobra is so venoous that if it bites you , you will die instantly.he also said dont get anoother BHP and to get rid of the one i have because they whip you with there tails you will be paralized strait away because they use it like a scorpion.......the kid also lives in NZ and only comes here like once a month for school. lol

Great education system we have lol.

One of the best ones that i have heard for a long time is that tiapans are mating with the coastal carpets & we will not know what we have out there, LOOK OUT.

Cheers
Ian

i got told the other day at the petshop by a lady that her daughter has a 8m carpet python at home and it ate her staffy my response was " i can fly and i have an invisible jet also " then i walked away

snakes can be poisonous......Rhabdophis sequester toxins from Toads

One of the best ones that i have heard for a long time is that tiapans are mating with the coastal carpets & we will not know what we have out there, LOOK OUT.

Cheers
Ian
thats happening with several species didnt you know :) diamonds and red belly blacks , tigers and coastals , browns and coastals , its one big snake orgy out there now and pythons no longer exist there all interbred and out to kill us , just ask the people in the coffs harbour region they will tell ya , also we get inland taipans around coffs (even though where on the bloody coast ) and king browns just ask my mate that live on a farm at corindi he see's them all the time ( and he knows because he has all the reptile id skill of a cereal box :) )

ive had family friends tell me the old cross breeding thing , its best to just nod and say "hhmmm didnt know about that "

As a young fella (many moons ago- 1960s) we were told that red-bellied blacks were not venemous. So we used to catch and handle them all the time with complete confidence. Luckily neither my mate or I ever got bitten.

That the red-bellied black is the most dangerous snake in Australia...

also that the most venomous snake in australia is a cobra and the most ven in the world is a burmese python............. lol lol lol lol lol

thats happening with several species didnt you know :) diamonds and red belly blacks , tigers and coastals , browns and coastals , its one big snake orgy out there now and pythons no longer exist there all interbred and out to kill us , just ask the people in the coffs harbour region they will tell ya , also we get inland taipans around coffs (even though where on the bloody coast ) and king browns just ask my mate that live on a farm at corindi he see's them all the time ( and he knows because he has all the reptile id skill of a cereal box :) )
Haha. I used to live up there and I have heard all the hybrid stories.

Haha. I used to live up there and I have heard all the hybrid stories.
im sure its pretty wide spread but ive met a ridiculous amount of people that are adamant that it is happening and around the area and you just cant get through to them so i dont even bother anymore , i did seriously have one guy try to tell me that pythons no longer existed in the wild and they are trying to release more captive pythons but they just keep breeding back to the browns :) some people are that gullible yet stubborn at the same time

hahaha oh man there are afew,
one guy came into my work bragging about how he was buying an african pit viper from australia zoo, all legit you know.
Then he showed me a photo of his GTP which clearly was taken off the Fine Green Treepythons.com (in the uS) website. I asked him if it was a red neonate, he said yes. oh so it was a yellow baby? i then said
his reply, Yes

...*facepalm*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back