Help With Housing Diamonds!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatmeworry

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I have 2 diamond pythons - one is almost 2 years old, the other almost 3. I currently have removed the divide in their cage (and while Im not trying to breed them as of yet) is that all good to do that? Is it something I should do seasonally?? Are there feeding problems???

Im only asking because a couple of people have told me that you can house diamonds together with no worries, but I would love some reassurance and/or advice!!!!

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me!:lol:

(P.S - It is roughly a 4-foot cage, it is fine for them both for now but I have plans to upgrade)

IMO, Diamonds of similar size can be kept together without any problems other than keeping them apart at feed times.

thanks man, just what I needed to hear. With feeding, should I just move them to separate parts of the cage? and then how long before they can be back together?

Can feed in the same cage if its big enough to keep them apart. Just be careful and dont leave them alone. You wouldn't want 2 snakes eating the same food item :)

thanks man, just what I needed to hear. With feeding, should I just move them to separate parts of the cage? and then how long before they can be back together?
Just to be safe take one out. I had a bad experience feeding with two in one cage.

Diamonds are generally fine when housed together, although as with most pythons with a strong feeding response like Diamonds have, take precautions when feeding.

like everyone has said, separate them for feeding and you should have no dramas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back