Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thats what i heard.

just thought i would let you know that they are called childrens python due to the discoverer, so yeah.

Yeah, I know. They are a great snake to start with and I wasn't really having a go at you. I think it's great that you are getting into the hobby and getting bitten is just a part of it that you have to get your head around. It is hard and at first I was really scared of copping a bite but after it's happened a few times you get over the fear. Best of luck to you and I'm positive you'll find it struck at you because it was in feeding mode. Most snakes will strike at anything when they've got food on the brain and it's actually a good thing because it means you have a strong feeder. Sorry if you took my little joke to heart :)

View attachment 262101View attachment 262102

Doesn't matter whether you feed in a separate tub or or not you are still going to cop a bite if you aren't paying attention .Benjiboy your snuggle stick is going to always have days where it will have a bad hair day and want to bite you .It will settle down back to normal so don't worry .Did you wash your hands to get rid of the scent of its food before trying to handle it again .

What a friendly snake :/ lol
I agree with the people saying no handling after food.

Yeah, I know. They are a great snake to start with and I wasn't really having a go at you. I think it's great that you are getting into the hobby and getting bitten is just a part of it that you have to get your head around. It is hard and at first I was really scared of copping a bite but after it's happened a few times you get over the fear. Best of luck to you and I'm positive you'll find it struck at you because it was in feeding mode. Most snakes will strike at anything when they've got food on the brain and it's actually a good thing because it means you have a strong feeder. Sorry if you took my little joke to heart :)
Yeaah they are good snakes and that is most likely why i just wanted to make sure thats why i posted the thread and i shouldnt of taken it to heart so sorry.

I don't think you should take it to heart in any case. They don't ever bite to spite you or cause they hate you :)

It seemed like it to me. But anyway i have heard that it redueces the chance of being bitten each timee you get your snake out becaus it doesnt think each timee you open the tank its feeding time.

Ben....my opinion. If you get the snake out to feed it will eventually associate you handling it with food time. Not a preferred option.
Avoid handling when it feeds or it might throw up.
You will get lots of advice on here however it might not be easy for you to decide which is good advice

You need to keep handling your CHILDRENS python but only under strict guidelines. Firstly, never handle your CHILDRENS python alone. Make sure you always have a qualified first aid officer ready who has access to a phone. If your CHILDRENS python does bite you, apply pressure to the wound and call for immediate assistance. Keep the wound elevated and above all, try to remain conscious.

Last edited:
i would say 1 day (24 hours), some people would wait up to 3 days+ but 1 day should be fine with light handling

Hey you are doing good at least you have the sense to ask for help when it is needed. Some people on here forget that there are beginners on here and they were all beginners once.... I cannot believe the rudeness of some people on here. Everyone has their own way of doing things and I find it quite appalling at the way you have treated this person. I think you all need to get off your high horse and help the boy rather than rip on him!!!!

Sorry i am only a 14 year old boy, its my first snake. No need to rip into me.

Hey you are doing good at least you have the sense to ask for help when it is needed. Some people on here forget that there are beginners on here and they were all beginners once.... I cannot believe the rudeness of some people on here. Everyone has their own way of doing things and I find it quite appalling at the way you have treated this person. I think you all need to get off your high horse and help the boy rather than rip on him!!!!
yeah i needed help so i asked, but anyway i held him just then and he was perfect i understand now that he saw me as food. And thank youu :)

i would say 1 day (24 hours), some people would wait up to 3 days+ but 1 day should be fine with light handling
Okay thanks :) :)

I could not have said it better myself adfel.
Keep up the learning Benji you're a credit to young herpers everywhere.

Last edited:
Good luck with your snake, BenjiBoy - I'm sure you'll make a great keeper :)

Um...you had just fed him....he probably just thought you were giving him a 2nd course!!

Next time pick him back up out of his feeding container with a hook and you should be fine ;)

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back