why isnt my female bearded dragon intersted in my male beardie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizardlove

Reaction score
Hi
i have a four year old pair of beardies my female beardie isnt interded in mating (which is fine) he head boobs and wags his tail but she just avoids him anyway i can make him interested?

Maybe he is just really ugly and she's waiting for someone better to come along. If you were put in a cage with an ugly bloke would you bang him or hope for something better.

Sure they're a pair? Head bobs and tail wags may be a dominance display and nothing to do with mating.

I don't have anything to say about head boobs,but they sound like a good idea to me.

Sure they're a pair? Head bobs and tail wags may be a dominance display and nothing to do with mating.

I don't have anything to say about head boobs,but they sound like a good idea to me.
I'm sure any boobs seem like a good idea to you.
Back on topic, how long have you had them for?
Do you know if they have bred before and were they cooled over winter?

my wife went the same way straigh after marriage maybe thats it

Hi
i have a four year old pair of beardies my female beardie isnt interded in mating (which is fine) he head boobs and wags his tail but she just avoids him anyway i can make him interested?

Put them both on the loungeroom floor (shut all doors and remove other pets).

Usually ... he will chase her around and grab her on the back of the neck and mating usually follows.. this method has been proven to work. Males love the thrill of the chase/capture :)

Good Luck
Cheers
Sandee :)

You could try separating them for a week or 2 and then re introducing them together ( maybe he will look better then ) lol , but seriously this can work , was the male cooled at all ?

Or...... Maybe you're just jumping the gun a bit?

Admittedly, I put my three together earlier in the week (a week after coming out of brumation), on the floor (this is my common practice, by the way - none of my adults live in the same enclosure/together), and there was the usual circling, bobbing, biting the epaulets - she just slapped him, indicating to me she's not "ready' yet...

So, bottom line here is if they're not 'ready', try again in another week... :)

Hope this helps!

Before you do anything else, a cranial mastectomy will greatly enhance the chances of a successful mating, especially as the boy is the one with the head boobs...

I just about peed myself when I read the OP :)!!!

Jamie

In my experience with mating beardies, the female doesn't usually get a say. If he wants her, he'll have her.

Love the head boobs :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back