Thinking About Getting A Woma Python- Ideas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spinksnakes

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
i am thinking about getting a woma python and i have a 3 foot by 2 foot enclosure for when i get it. i am still not to sure on how to set up the encloure. can u guys help me on what substrate i need, more rocks, more greenery either and all that kind of stuff
pictures would help me a lot
thanks guys :):D:D:D

For a start is it a hatchy??? What age is it??? If it is a hatchy use a tub preferably as it minimises the chance of stress. I use Kritters Krumble, seems fine to me. Others have different subs and for varying reasons. If u r using the enclosure place a hide at each end. Greenery is personal preference and more for aesthetics. Womas like a hot spot of around 32-34 degrees and cool end of around 26.

Just make sure u get all the appropriate records off the seller....i.e. shed, feed dates, poop dates, weight is always handy.

Just hit up google or spend a day on here and u will find more than enough info.

This site is the google of the herp world.

DSC_1024.jpgi took this after i cleaned it out make sure you have a hide and some rocks and a big water bowl. WOMAS ARE AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!1

okay thanks for the info and yeah i will prob get hatchie(s) can u have 2 in one enclosure cause ive seen some and they have two in but im not to sure yet ???
For a start is it a hatchy??? What age is it??? If it is a hatchy use a tub preferably as it minimises the chance of stress. I use Kritters Krumble, seems fine to me. Others have different subs and for varying reasons. If u r using the enclosure place a hide at each end. Greenery is personal preference and more for aesthetics. Womas like a hot spot of around 32-34 degrees and cool end of around 26.

Just make sure u get all the appropriate records off the seller....i.e. shed, feed dates, poop dates, weight is always handy.

Just hit up google or spend a day on here and u will find more than enough info.

This site is the google of the herp world.

nice :) do u always keep them two together? have you ever had any issues with them bcause i have been wondering if u can keep 2 together ?
View attachment 262252i took this after i cleaned it out make sure you have a hide and some rocks and a big water bowl. WOMAS ARE AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!1

no i keep them in seperate tanks but i am breeding this year but i know someone who has kept his womas together for 4 years now without any problems

do u always keep them two together? have you ever had any issues with them bcause i have been wondering if u can keep 2 together ?

Being reptile eaters, it's not the best idea. I keep all mine seperate until well and truely cooled for breeding. Not worth the risk IMO

Hatchies do best in smaller enclosures i've just updated my whole woma collection to the 'Snake Whisper' Tub system and for woma's it is just ideal.
Couldn't recommed it highly enough.......

Attachments

• woma rack 007.jpg
    woma rack 007.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 133
Hey guys i am thinking about getting a woma python...

Ah, "The Champagne of Snakes"! :)

Briefly, they're an arid/desert snake, not arboreal - so don't need high humidity levels, neither branches to climb... so a short (rather than tall) cage w/ predominantly more floor space is preferable...

- My boy 'demanded' a natural look for his snake, so I have red desert sand as substrate, 2 rock hides, old hollow log and Spinifex grass etc.
But you can 'decorate' as you wish. :)

Read attached:
795ba535-a506-7f5b.jpg

And this PDF:
http://sxr.com.au/Article PDFs/woma_lr.pdf

Good luck :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am getting a woma too ! :)

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Being reptile eaters, it's not the best idea. I keep all mine seperate until well and truely cooled for breeding. Not worth the risk IMO

Hatchies do best in smaller enclosures i've just updated my whole woma collection to the 'Snake Whisper' Tub system and for woma's it is just ideal.
Couldn't recommed it highly enough.......

What size are those tubs mate how many Liters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back