which gecko should i get/look at?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pthechemist

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking at getting a gecko (possible pair) as a snake has been vitoed by the Mrs!

I used to have beardies and leopard geckos in the UK but am aware Leopards cannot be kept in Aus. I had real issues with the claws on my jeopards when shedding so I was thinking of a gecko with "suckers" so I could have a tall case for climbing, but....

What type should I go for?

Any advice greatly appreciated so I can look at the images of different ones and get an idea.

Many thanks,

Phil

Just been looking at the beautiful Velvet you rescued Jarrod. Am thinking one/two of those would be great. Just have to find some now!

Will take a look at those 2 aswell.
Also seen the golden tail which is an attractive proposition
Thanks

Last edited:
ReptilesDownUnder.
Amazing Amazon.
If you PM some of the fellas on here that usually sell/breed they might have some there willing to part with.
And the marm I rescued the girl is also trying to sell a pair of robust geckos
on Gumtree that could do with a good home, you could prob knock her down $50 or so.

Just looked on Gumtree but all I can find is a pair of Jackies in Parramatta

Thanks for the reply
P

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

considder knob tails as i find them cheap, easy and attractive and they dont climb just like leapords. I think the care is similar.
Please consider as they are legends!!
just google smooth knob tailed gecko or other subs species

knobtails are easy and beautiful. velvet marbled are another good species and they climb.

Thnks Jarrod, I was looking in the Sydney region. Would have to get them transported if I was to go for them.

Will also look at the knob tailed aswell though.

Thanks guys

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

+1 for velvet marbled gex, awesome little lizards, probably the closest thing to leopard gex in aus IMO

Most species Aussie geckos are nocturnal and fairly shy, so expect to admire an "empty" enclosure until dusk.
Having said that Strophurus species will bask out in view during the day.

Thick tailed or Barking geckos are another easy keep species, and by far my favourite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back