Starting a shed. Hopefully pre-lay.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You took her to the vet the first time she did it, yet you are still criticizing those who suggested it this time.

The question you have to ask yourself, is this post asking for help or is it showing something? If it was a thread asking for help it would be in the "herp Help" sub section of the forum. This thread is in the "Australian Snakes" sub section. The amount of "Experts" on here that treat other people like dropkicks absolutely amazes the hell of me. By the same token i am no expert and never claimed to be. It was the fact that i had something to show that might of been some interest to people, maybe to help them in the future. You can take my word that it will be a very long time before i post on this forum again.

Took her to the vet first time she did it because it freaked me out. By the time i got to the vet she had already shed in the bag and the head was normal size. The vet checked her over x-rayed her heart and lungs, poked her, prodded her and did a faecal test. Everything came back normal. She doesn't do it every shed. All the vet could put it down to was she was starting off a difficult. She has now shed and is back to normal. As usual on this forum there is cries of hysteria and the experts come out the woodwork to question : 1. Your intelligence 2. your ability to keep reptiles.
As you will no doubt notice i have been a member of this forum for a while and am reluctant to post due to this reason.
You try and show people different things and it creates a mass panic.

It may have been worth posting a brief explanation along with the pics. Obviously you're not obliged to post any explanation, but to post pics like that (with no explanation) and not expect a reaction is naive to say the least.

It was the fact that i had something to show that might of been some interest to people, maybe to help them in the future.

How could those pics help someone without an explanation ?

dont take it to heart bud, i cannot help but agree with you alot of the time but people are just worried for your snake..

I certainly for one have never seen that before.. goodluck with your clutch..

Don't get offended, people arnt trying to be rude. I for one hope people would post if they thought one of my snakes needed help.
Hope your season goes well.

freaked us out to so what's the big deal you should uof explained it to everyone then if she is back to normal can we see a picture of her cheers.

That's pretty incredible, has anyone else ever seen that?
The vet didn't have any idea what would cause the head to swell like that?
Freaky as.

I'm always astounded by the amount of people screeching vet without any real information. I think even if he had put a statement in there about it happening every now and again, people would still be vouching for the vets. Sometimes input just really isn't necessary (or even welcome).

It's pretty interesting how her head does that. Do you have any pictures of her normally?

come on freeloader,no one jumps the gun on here,lol

people,he shouldnt have to explain the pic,instead of assuming the worst all the time,perhaps ask about the pic,eg have you taken it to the vets ect ect,instead of rush it to the vets dumbo,poor snake ect ect

if you dont like that,go to next thread

thanks for sharing freeloader,very odd

The question you have to ask yourself, is this post asking for help or is it showing something? If it was a thread asking for help it would be in the "herp Help" sub section of the forum. This thread is in the "Australian Snakes" sub section. The amount of "Experts" on here that treat other people like dropkicks absolutely amazes the hell of me. By the same token i am no expert and never claimed to be. It was the fact that i had something to show that might of been some interest to people, maybe to help them in the future. You can take my word that it will be a very long time before i post on this forum again.

LOL... c'mon mate, should be used to it by now ;). Keep us updated on her mate, hopefully it is pre-lay and good luck.

:)

Thanks for sharing Scott. I've been breeding herps for a while now and never seen this. I must admit I would have done the same thing as you did the first time and rush it to the Vet. Did it do this the first time as a prelay shed or just a normal shed. I'm wondering if it is hormonal or just something else?

Mate..you post a pic of a snake with a massively swollen head, then get offended when they suggest you take it to a vet, as you haven't mentioned anything relating to a vet visit. Suggesting a vet trip would be a damn good idea, and offering advice is the main purpose of the forum existing.

Last edited:
I am 100% sure that there is something wrong with that snake lol. Just take a look at those pictures, they're crazy. Did the vet even check the mouth lol.

Last edited:
Wind up for sure. Next we will be told he didn't need a vet he took it to a natural therapist.

To be fair Freeloader, not that you need to explain yourself or your husbandry, but you posted a pic of something that's extremely out of the ordinary, with no explanation, as though that's just the way she normally is. You can't blame people for advising you to take her to the vet (even though "advising" is not what most people have done here, "screeching" would perhaps be a better term), because they may not know you or the back story of this snake.

Anyway, very interesting, though creepy, pictures. Blah, blah, blah, vet, vet, vet. Did you check her mouth for hellspawn? It kind of looks like she's about to vomit up the antichrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back