Blondie, and albino darwins

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleazy.P.Martini

Reaction score
OK random question for those in the know, I did a bit of research and found a bit, but not enough, info. I am now the proud owner of an albino north western. I did some research and apparently there has been blondie and one or two other albinos found in the wild? Right or wrong? And if this is right, would it be fair to assume that my fella is a grandchild of one of these wild caught animals? Basically if blondie is the only one that has been wild caught do all albino darwins descend from this one animal, if not does anyone know how many have actually been caught/bred?

Aaaaaannnnndddd GO...

P.S...This all made sense in my head

If you go to the Southern X reptile website they have the story about one of the first albino Darwin called blondie.

If you go to the Southern X reptile website they have the story about one of the first albino Darwin called blondie.

Hey yeh i know, thats where some of my research came from. Un fortunatly it still doesn't answer my question. But you said "one of the first" you mean wild caught? I'm kinda just curious as to whether my animal is descendant of blondie or if there were others caught and bred, and whether there is any way to know

I think blondie was found on a curtain rail in a caravan at Berimah in Darwin. Dont know of any others.

I think blondie was found on a curtain rail in a caravan at Berimah in Darwin. Dont know of any others.

Yeh mate from what i've heard she was found on a curtain rail, before being handed over to someone else (Cant remember who i think keeping and breeding australian pythons mentions it).

I think the White Phoenix albino was found about 50k's away from where they found Blondie.

Actually just found a bit about it from this site, apparently about a 100k's away, different ages so therefor different clutches, it was a bit hazy and thats about where it ended but haha

yep all albinos come from these 2 snakes supposedly.

But when you say these two snakes you mean one of these animals+wild type, then bred back etc? Not a pairing of these two animals?

But when you say these two snakes you mean one of these animals+wild type, then bred back etc? Not a pairing of these two animals?

Yes they were both bred with normals.I have the male that went over blondie.

Actually just found a bit about it from this site, apparently about a 100k's away, different ages so therefor different clutches, it was a bit hazy and thats about where it ended but haha

How did they determine each snakes age ?

Great aint it? How lucky are we?

DSC_0303_edited-1.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0305_edited-1.jpg
    DSC_0305_edited-1.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 86
I gather that blondie & perhaps her descendants are unusually chilled. Anyone know if this is also true of the White Pheonix line?

which line is that albino from SteveNT?, its very pretty.
Edit: oh i just noticed ur other post stating u didnt know of any others so that must mean its from the blondie line.

Last edited:
Pythonmum line. Dont know. Sorry. I just like the snakes!

I gather that blondie & perhaps her descendants are unusually chilled. Anyone know if this is also true of the White Pheonix line?

Certainly true with our young bloke. But true also for the bhp and the standard (guffaws) darwin.

Last edited:
I would assume its because they found one animal one year as a hatch or whatever, and the other another year some tine later as a hatchy. If that makes sense

as far as im aware Blondie was found 16 or so years ago as a hatchy and White Pheonix was found 10 years ago as an adult. As for Pheonix's real age, no one really knows.

and SteveNT, its ok i was just curious :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back