Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i used to live near coffs harbour with my ex and her family on a few acres in the bush, they were serious when they would say carpets and tigers/ browns, were breeding and that all snakes are deadly, it didnt matter what i said they would have a bar of the truth but the best one was i caught a big scrubbie one day (it was a bit longer than their station wangon and i caught it to relocate it because they were red neck f... heads) long story short it was apparently a anaconda, i didnt know what to say to that.
oh also incase you didnt realise acording to them what we call echidnas are porkypines and they shoot there quills at you and you have to go to hospital to have them removed.

not a story but anyone here watch turtleman ?
well on last weeks episode he was called in to remove a rattlesnake, after capturing he had it held by the head and tail, it clinged on to his leg and he acted as if it were an anaconda, straining for it to let him go. Me and my dad were overcome in laughter haha

Did she still buy the cage off you after you laughed in her face?
Maybe she didn't realised it?

Ah ah funny story about the Woma though!

MY OWN STORY:
When my 5yo first saw a Woma at Australia Zoo and said he really, really wanted one as pet, I said:
"no way, are you crazy? - can't you see its narrow head ?
Its defo venomous!"

Ah ah (being from Europe) I had no idea about Aussie snakes...

After many weeks of research we got a Woma as his first snake.

Looking back, I laugh at my self nowadays :)

P.S ...and about to acquire a second Woma, cause they're so dangerously addictive!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ha ha, yeah she did, but I just didnt understand, she said she was an "expert" on reps but well uhh unless I have been misinformed by many people then I could prove her wrong there.
Anyway, It made my day, still have a chuckle :p

OK so i decided to start a thread for people to add story's that are total bull that people against reptiles have told you to stop you from getting them. my most recent one is the my uncle story example one of my mates say i was talking to my uncle and he says he new a lady who had a carpet python and they found it laying next to her in the morning the story goes that the snake was sizing her up to eat here the following night so she had to have it put down before it ate her all in dramatic tone then if i comment about the fact there is no way the snake is big enough they retaliate by saying o no wait it wasn't going to eat her just strangle her.so that's one of my story please add if you have any as its interesting to here what people can come up with.please no names.

Haha i was told this story yet again today. Iv also been told that snakes chase people and atack them for being in there area. Oh and that death adders kill you instantly just one bite and you drop dead. My misses tryed to convince me that my pythons were 'poisones' i educated her and now she loves them and has some of her own.

We grew up on a farm and my brother was forever grabbing this snake or that mainly just to freak out my parents, me, cousins, aunties and uncles... and yes many years ago (at least 30) he didn't know RBB's were poisonous either...

and I still don't really believe Copper heads are that bad because they're so pretty and he always had one or two....
Banana bunches often used to have little baby surprises in there, so when he was handing off would collect them and occasionally put one on the packing wheel to surprise our mother...lol... always good for a laugh - almost certain death for the poor snake...
His girlfriend was so freaked out about having a night tiger wrapped around her budgie cage, she was telling me this harrowing story about her poor blue - and didn't understand when I said oh well he must have been hungry. To which she replied 'you're just like your brother! I thought you'd understand!" Um yes s/he was hungry...

Everyone should have a carpet in their shed to keep the rats and feral cat population down... used to freak out a couple of the big tough pick up truck driver dudes when they were loading pallets from the cool room and my dad's (well shed) snake would stick her head over and watch them lol... they'd squeal like girls and claim she was going to jump on them and strangle them...

When we saw a few odd looking snakes that just didn't quit fit any common 'brand' of snake and there were the rumours that there was this breeder/keeper (or three) of exotic vens on the hill at Kingscliff and he got sick of them and let them all go - they immediately spread to all of the surrounding farms and began breeding with the local population... in truth it was probs an Olive escaped from someone's collection... lol...

I grew up believing and still do, they're all tame and come out in the sun to sun bake and you leave them alone and they leave you alone... my dad's farm policy - do not approach or hurt the snakes they have a job to do...
My mum's policy - they're all dangerous and have to be killed/hacked up on sight with a big shovel..

A guy at a party was telling me proudly how he had a whipsnake cross his path while he was mountain biking and it stopped and 'whipped' his tyre three times before he could pass it. They are so fast.

A lot of people I have chatted to over the years have a general misconception that ALL snakes are aggressive and attack at will and make a concentrated beeline for humans if they see or hear them :facepalm: I have also heard soooo many with the tale of vens and Pythons cross breeding :facepalm:
all we can do is continue to educate the general public I feel :)
hey can i by a red bellis black daimond coastal taipan olive blackhead intergrate off you when you breed them? make sure you dont let the black head part have poisenous fangs or scorpion poison tail plzz... ifthats not possible i will just buy an adult let olive python and let it sleep next to me i hope he doesnt try to size me up and strangle me in my sleep.

I had one of my friends try to turn me off buying a snake by telling me Hoop snakes were real..
She swore through and through that she'd seen them i the bush.
And apparently she was offered a hoop snake necklace once..(her mum told me later on it was necklace and the chain looked like black/brown snake scales LOL)

refer "a happy chappy" post... someone should make the movie

refer "a happy chappy" post... someone should make the movie

- - - Updated - - -

hahahahahaha
A guy at a party was telling me proudly how he had a whipsnake cross his path while he was mountain biking and it stopped and 'whipped' his tyre three times before he could pass it. They are so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back