Poll: Favourite Snake group as pets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favourite Australian Snake as Pet

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i picked morelia because thats what i have. first snake was an ant. and he was a demon so im not too fond of them atm :/

*Antaresia ;)

I know they're not as variable as the morelias, but I still think they can get super pretty...plus I love their small size and sweet temperaments. I also like the shape of their heads. :p

Aspidites, i grew up seeing alot of them in the wild and have always liked the look of them, now i have 6 of them, 2 womas and 4 black heads.

+1 for aspidites

one for the aspidites here , mainly womas as ive never kept bhps before , they dig holes with their heads like an excavator and they buzz and bob their heads and wiggle their tails at feed time plus they look great , what more do you want in a snake , great to watch their antics

My woma doesn't do any of that, but I still love her. My male BHP does the burrowing thing, and the girl sticks her head up in the air as if to catch the sun's rays.

come on aspidites for the win :)

@ rob_n_son , my female woma doesnt do it , and my male didnt do it when i first got him either it was just something that started out of no where , so hopefully it will start to put the show on for you soon try teasing them with the rat a little , like keep it just out of reach , that gets my boys head buzzing and tail wiggling

Last edited:
I love all snakes but Antaresia just do it for me if I had the funds my walls would be snake enclosures so I could be surrounded by them LOL If snakes are anaddiciton then I am hoplessly hooked.

come on aspidites for the win :)

@ rob_n_son , my female woma doesnt do it , and my male didnt do it when i first got him either it was just something that started out of no where , so hopefully it will start to put the show on for you soon try teasing them with the rat a little , like keep it just out of reach , that gets my boys head buzzing and tail wiggling

When I first got her, she was a very nervous feeder. She would not take it from my tongs (still won't), and if I put it down she would not take it until she thought no one was watching. She has gotten a bit better, but still tries to drag it off into her hide to eat it.

@rob_n_son , my male was the same when i first got him , i just persisted offering them with tongs then one day bam , then the wiggles and buzzing started , my female was the opposite she struck when i first got her now she just gently takes them from the tongs

Mine have calmed their food response down with age, both of mine gently take their rat and half the time don't even bother wrapping around it... Unless I do a bit of tugging after they bite to get them really enthusiastic.

Keep those votes coming!

Last edited:
Morelia !! Just because my aspidites is terrible at shedding!!

But my bhp is so cute when he burrows into my hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back