Shingleback and kitten best friends :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby-van

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I picked up this beautiful 18 month old Shingleback on the weekend (named him Fat Yak) and our 7 month old kitten, Prada, couldn't leave him alone.. they've become besties!!

She follows him everywhere and is ever so gentle with him.. She lies next to him and if he walks away she gently puts her paw on top of him to stop him moving then lays back down next to him haha, cutest thing ever.

Fatty isn't one bit phased by Prada :) he actually walks straight at her/into her when she's lying down.

PICS! :D

UXGfv.jpg

N9Uc4.jpg

5OHCn.jpg

MhHiG.jpg

kPQBU.jpg

SUyzQ.jpg

Omg, sssssoooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!! :D :D :D

Ahaha my cat just wants to eat my lizard. v___v

PS, love your shingleback's name!

aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that's the cutest thing iv'e ever seen

The cats prodding it and wondering if it's all tough or is it nice and tender inside.
Cute photos.

There's a whole lotta cute in this thread, that's for sure !

Nawwww, you can put your shingle on the bed. I have to get lots of tissues in case .. nature calls. Which is often when i hold my shingles :p

i know why they call them sleepy lizzards now

Hahaha all he does is SLEEP! ALL THE TIME!!!

Nawwww, you can put your shingle on the bed. I have to get lots of tissues in case .. nature calls. Which is often when i hold my shingles :p

When we picked him up the first couple of times after we got him he'd pee everywhere lol but he hasn't done it after those 2 times :)

Last edited:
i'm a HUGE shingleback fan. This is the sweetest thing ever!! For those who dont own a bobtail, GO AND GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW!

I know it's just a bit cute (well, more than a bit cute ;) ) but in more than one of those photo's your kitty has "prey eyes" so just be mindful that although it's cute, if your (when adult) cat came into contact with your shingleback or another reptile when you weren't home for a day, the outcome wouldn't be so cute.

It's not their fault, it's instinct for them to want to play (it's just unfortunate that play turns into reptile torture)

They are great photo's but just bear in mind that if your shingleback was smaller and your kitty was unsupervised - the photo's would tell a different story. You are lucky though that you seem to have a good mix of size and age in the both of them to interact well.

Cats are GREAT liars (Believe me, I love my cat and we've sat on the couch with Moose a few times, but I know what is ticking over in her brain and although I would never throw her, you can guesstimate my level (or lack therof) trust in her instincts!!)

I know it's just a bit cute (well, more than a bit cute ;) ) but in more than one of those photo's your kitty has "prey eyes" so just be mindful that although it's cute, if your (when adult) cat came into contact with your shingleback or another reptile when you weren't home for a day, the outcome wouldn't be so cute.

It's not their fault, it's instinct for them to want to play (it's just unfortunate that play turns into reptile torture)

They are great photo's but just bear in mind that if your shingleback was smaller and your kitty was unsupervised - the photo's would tell a different story. You are lucky though that you seem to have a good mix of size and age in the both of them to interact well.

Cats are GREAT liars (Believe me, I love my cat and we've sat on the couch with Moose a few times, but I know what is ticking over in her brain and although I would never throw her, you can guesstimate my level (or lack therof) trust in her instincts!!)

I'd never leave them unsupervised. She doesn't have a bad bone in her body. She's an indoor cat and always has been so she never hunts/kills rats or small lizards etc like most household cats. The Shingle would do more damage to her than she could to him! She just loves being near him.. If he's walking around, she'll walk up, plonk herself next to him then curl her paws under her body and close her eyes.. she just loves being there:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back