pogona henrylawsoni natural environment

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rankins

Reaction score
Hi i live in the UK and have some rankins and i wanna make them a natural viv but cant really find much info on their natural environment or pictures of them in the wild. so just wondered if anyone could post some pics of them in the wild and maybe some info on how to make it look natural as possible. i beleve their from the mitchell grass plains gueensland is that right ? and i wanned to add a water fall but this would increase the humidity but ive heard differnt things of differnt people over hear, 1 saying they need really low humidty and others sayin in the wild they have some humidty any help would be great.. cheers

dhdjd 004.jpgdhdjd 008.jpg

That wiki entry is just sad and mostlly wrong. There is no dispute on naming - rankins and brevis are gone for good. P. henrylawsoni is the accepted name and Blacksoil bearded dragon is the preferred common name (to avoid confusion between pygmy and dwarf in common name useage with other species) .You are hard pressed to find a rock in henrylawsoni country - flat ,grey, short grass, soil cracks a mile deep - very unnatractive land . It's generally very dry.

Attachments

• 34-10.jpg
    34-10.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Geckodan is absolutely correct.
They inhabit dry, sparsely vegetated blacksoil plains.

i have a pair in with a central netted dragon. Their basking temp is around 40 degrees, they're on normal play sand, with a UV globe as well. They have a full water bowl at all times large enough for them to submerge in, which I find they do quite alot. I also mist them a couple of times a week with a spray water bottle - it's not essential but I feel it is beneficial.

Here's another pic of black soils plain country

Black-soil-plain.jpg

I am happy there is a thread about the little lawsoni's. I think they are such a great dragon :)

Sorry only going from inform I found, mr wells was full of information though, if I can find his number I should try to find more inform about them, I'd love to get some too but only limited to what the wife will let me keep numbers wise lol

I have a water bowl in mine but what would it be like in the wild? like a stream, river, pond ? im thinking about building a water bowl with a little water fall just to kepp the water fresh and abit of movement but this would increase the humidity so what kinda humidity would they naturally have? im also thinking of doing a cracked soil look and might plant some live grass inspiration from this
Natural Hoggie Viv Build - Reptile Forums

In the wild most of the time they would only have humidity if they went down a soil crack, very little in the air.

You are hard pressed to find a rock in henrylawsoni country
But I bet you'd still manage to find a rock before a Collet's?

Sorry only going from inform I found, mr wells was full of information though, if I can find his number I should try to find more inform about them, I'd love to get some too but only limited to what the wife will let me keep numbers wise lol

Oh I'm sure he would. W&W are definitely full of information. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back