Pygmy Stimson info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmnw57

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am recieving a Pygmy Stimson hatchie tomorrow i am really interested in these and would like to learn more about them. Anything would be a help Google doesn't provide much help , any ideas.

Thanks for your help.:D

they are just the same as a stimi but smaller. did you get them from michael and kathryn?? ive got a pair and they are great. to be honest they are my go to pythons.. well one is lol she is very placid and eats like a champ. hatchos will eat day old pinkie mice and mine usally shed quite well. i kept them in a 7ltr sistema click clack for the first 6months and now in a short but long 30ltr starmaid click clak. i use a 18 watt heat mat with a thermostat, hot end 31 and cold end 27. I believe this can be a little bit hotter but not to sure.
I often walk around with dorris in my pocket when im doing my reptile rounds (front pocket of my jumper) and she will poke her head in and out as she pleases. mine are ready to breed this year now but im unsure on how to pair them safely. i wish i had more herp friends in my life to show me :( lol
Id buy them no wukkas again. They seem to be alot more rare than the perthensis too and less tempramental with eating and they will take a pinkie and not have to be started on mouse tails. ill post some flicks if ya wanna see??

Toby

Thanks Toby mine is coming from snake ranch. I hope to breed them one day when i am retired if i get there with the gov jacking up retirment age they way they do. Thanks for the heads up on temps etc. I have her enclosure ready and that's pretty close to what I have got.

Regards............Leigh

31b02372-e1ac-3d17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Toby mine is coming from snake ranch. I hope to breed them one day when i am retired if i get there with the gov jacking up retirment age they way they do. Thanks for the heads up on temps etc. I have her enclosure ready and that's pretty close to what I have got.

Regards............Leigh
If yours is coming from Snake Ranch it is probably Perthensis from the Kimberly. The one pictured looks like Orietalis from Mosman Gorge near Cairns.

If yours is coming from Snake Ranch it is probably Perthensis from the Kimberly. The one pictured looks like Orietalis from Mosman Gorge near Cairns.

A. perthensis in the Kimberley? A. s. orientalis at Mossman Gorge? Are you sure?

yea that sounds about right.

No it isn't. It's completely wrong..

Pygmy Pythons are found in the Pilbara (they don't go anywhere near the Kimberley), these 'pygmy' Stimsons apparantly come from a population near Mt. Carbine in Queensland. You will only find Spotted Pythons around Mossman Gorge near Cairns.

There has always been confusion about the locality of these stimsoni. They were claimed to be from mossman area however given their range it was subsequently changed. Who really knows where they're from.

No it is actually a Pygmy Stimson if you look at the site they are listed separately. It is listed as being from Mt Carbine area.

This is a pic of my girl supplied by Snake Ranch. I know it is confusing there is so little info that is why I have asked for help. Thank you all, much appreciated.
Regards.........Leigh

View attachment 262389

Last edited:
No it isn't. It's completely wrong..

Pygmy Pythons are found in the Pilbara (they don't go anywhere near the Kimberley), these 'pygmy' Stimsons apparantly come from a population near Mt. Carbine in Queensland. You will only find Spotted Pythons around Mossman Gorge near Cairns.

My mistake, i meant pilbara not kimberly.

I don't understand the confusion, people seem to think they don't exist almost. Like any variation of stimi that is the same python just different colours this is the same as a standard banded stimi just alot smaller. The breeder I got mine off has old adults that are only 60cm long and as round as a 50c piece.

Any one on here from mossman gorge?? And seen these in their helping travels at all??

I'm from Mossman area. Their definately not found at Mossman. As others have said and I thought was common knowledge, their found in the drier country to the west. Only macs in Mossman.

Hmmm I'm keening up on a road trip I rekon. I'm keen as to find out where abouts they live. would there be much info in any books about the place??

I know where they're found its not mossman I have found around 8 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back