Emerald Monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckoboy

Reaction score
So guys i was reading a friend's reptile book Australian Reptile's or something can't remember. Anyway i was reading in the Monitor section and i came across a Monitor called an emerald monitor and it looked pretty damn good looking. So has anyone here got one, if so post pics!

Unfortunately the Emerald tree monitor debate is kind of like flogging a dead horse... Not available to us in the reptile hobby.

some people have them illegally (usually PNG animals)....... you can keep them legally in QLD but no-one in Aus legally holds any (except zoos) making the QLD point redundant & no-one has permits to catch any...... so u won't get many photos posted lol....

anyone with anymore info than that ??? or wish to correct me as this is just my understanding.......

Yea but there's people from other countries on here to not just Aussie's. So maybe they have some.

So I was reading that they're more common now, especially among hobbyists in far north QLD. Which is, you know, where they live in the world and so it's common to have them....Anyway...any new news on these guys?

Too my understanding i thought there were none on record ( apart from zoo's ). Unless a zoo has sold some offspring to people in QLD.

So I was reading that they're more common now, especially among hobbyists in far north QLD. Which is, you know, where they live in the world and so it's common to have them....Anyway...any new news on these guys?

And where did you 'read' this? I have no doubt there is the odd illegal one floating around but certainly not common.

So I was reading that they're more common now, especially among hobbyists in far north QLD. Which is, you know, where they live in the world and so it's common to have them...

Yeah everyone up here has them.....We have to kick them out the way when we leave our houses in the morning. Damn prasinus are like toads.

Last edited:
Bad hey Shane, gotten to the point well have to start culling them :p

Even emerald monitors think that's a bad idea

image.jpg

Ime fairly sure they are yet to prove prasinus actually occurs on our mainland they are only found on some islands off fnq there are sightings reported but no live specimens captured or photographed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back