Please help! Shedding problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leesh_91

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not sure how to explain this right, my coastal has part shed but itd like she has shed opposite from bottom to head and now her head has skin on it. The skin hasn't lifted from the nostrils at all and from my knowledge I haven't seen her get cloudy eyes at all prior to this happening tonight. I have posted a pic aswell to try help see what I'm trying to explain.

I have has her in warm water etc which helped the other skin but I'm thinking it's like her body's shedding without her knowing? Is this possible? How can I help her get it off?
imagejpeg

She hasn't got patches on her head, she literally hasnt got any lose skin at all. Basically as if she isn't ready to shed on her head. No skin lifted, apart from her body but it's the opposite way so I can use it to help rub it off

If you have a hide box over the heat source ie; a plastic tub over a heat mat or cables, soak a pillowslip in warm water, put her in the bag and on the heat source under the hide. Leave her in the bag for a few hours when you get her out the skin should be off, works pretty much everytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back