Python sexing?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick-G

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any vet or someone on the sunshine coast that is trained and knows how to sex (find out if it's male/female) a python? I can't seem to find a vet so far.... Wich is weird because you would think that being a reptile vet that would be one of the first things you learn how to do?! Anyway the anticipation is killing me so if anyone can help please comment!
And please know body say do it yourself via popping as I'm not confident in doin that. Cheers!

popping should only be done a few days after the animal has hatched anyways , before it gains full muscle control so i don't think anybody should or would recommend you try to pop it , unless they had no idea about it them selves in which case they shouldn't recommend it to others :)

Ok. Yep this is one reason why I havnt tried it, I wasn't aware of that fact so glad I havnt :) there has to be someone on the coast that is trained to probing?!

all good , i was more pointing it out so you knew it was a bit of a no go once theyve grown , from what i understand you can actually cause severe damage to their reproductive organs if its attempted but not done properly

i found a vet that dose sexing in pythons hear in victoria he came around home and showed me how to do it, with probes. as we have a few and we are trying to start breeding,
i have seen popping done on hatchling ball pythons on you tube and they do say you can cause extream damage if you dont know what it is your doing i wouldnt recomend popping the safest thing to do is just wait untill you find someone there, you may be able to find a breeder on the gold coast that could do it also.

Have you checked the wiki section on here they have a herp vet section. Im not sure if there's any on there where you are though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back