Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
480 grams for a year old is huge scott, i have a hole clutch here from last season they all weigh between 80 to 110 and a few that are pushing 130 grams, that is being fed every 5-7 days without fail.

Also have you got any pictures of the parents of this one would love to see them.

The little one here is just over 200 G was born 28 of DEC from the BFR JUMBO line LOL

I picked up my first red neo today!

Thanks Craig :)

View attachment 262350

WOW thats nice!

Thanks Greenmad, Xterra and Zulu :)

Both parents have a fair amount of blue (with the father showing a blue 'wash' - he's a stunning creature!) and I have another green that shares the same mother that has lovely markings (pics below).

Inca.jpgDSC_0386.jpg

Thanks zulu, how often is that one being fed.

Feed it when it looks hungry and the last item has subsided about 3 to five days depending on food size, is on rats ,it lives for rats, it dreams of rats.

Lol rats will do that, i only feed my young on mice and the occasional small rat too. Im amazed how big people get the greens so quick.

Im only feeding him mice. He is just a unit. Im still waiting to see if he turns out holding a good amount of yellow. If he does im gonna call him Big Bird. ha

Lol rats will do that, i only feed my young on mice and the occasional small rat too. Im amazed how big people get the greens so quick.

Ive got one adult green that onley eats mice ryan and that is a real pain,so i change them onto rats when little then only feed rats it makes things easy.
Got an adult albino darwin that i got last year that onley ate mice and wouldnt change to rats even with scenting gives me grief,takes lots of mice to make a decent feed.
Cant fool the adult green here by scenting a mouse to a rat its strongly imprinted, the mind is mice mice mice .

Nice little green JC, really good clarity in that picture :)

Cheers mate. I'm not a photographer by any means, but I do watch the focus from time to time.
The snake did all the work anyways, it's a bit of a poser..

With this country's laws on exotics,can someone please explain how people get away with openly advertising that there greens are not from Australia.

With this country's laws on exotics,can someone please explain how people get away with openly advertising that there greens are not from Australia.

The majority held in captivity in australia during the amnesties were from papua new guinea and indonesia onley a few were australian so they ended up deeming them all to be australian.
In NSW there was 25 declared in the amnesty in 1997 most were exotic and a couple were said to be australian.
Since that time and up to now there has been both both native and exotic GTPs put onto the books illegally as most people are aware, some were bred but some were not.
I know what was put on the amnesty in 97 because Jeff Hardy from NPWS and Richard Wells informed us at meetings.

I just can't get over the huge difference in colour! An updated photo...

DSC_0916.jpg

tn_Prettyyellow2.jpg

95742930-B735-49A4-8F30-E6993A2EFC01-12482-000020A37C9F02D7.jpg

Last edited:
great pics everyone, keep em coming.
Heres a couple of mine colouring up nicely, the yellow one has heaps of white scales but still no green.
I love these snakes :)

Attachments

• snakes 012.JPG
    snakes 012.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 131
  • snakes 015.JPG
    snakes 015.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 149
Ovulation time :lol:

Attachments

• 579954_338599516233610_98814929_n.jpg
    579954_338599516233610_98814929_n.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 217797_338601299566765_771673676_n.jpg
    217797_338601299566765_771673676_n.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 123
Lovely worms guys :)
I'm getting mine in 2 weeks
And I'm already thinking of my next one haha, maybe a red one this time :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back