Few Pede pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
just thought id put these pics on here :D

ive had HEAPS die (80%) while i was away in europe so have to do a slow return back :(

enjoy

cormocephalus sp. strigosus? by richoman_3, on Flickr

cormocephalus turneri by richoman_3, on Flickr

Cormocephalus esulcatus by richoman_3, on Flickr

Cormocephalus aurantiipes by richoman_3, on Flickr

Cormocephalus sp. by richoman_3, on Flickr

Cormocephalus sp. by richoman_3, on Flickr

Tiger Ethmostigmus rubripes by richoman_3, on Flickr

Tiger Ethmostigmus rubripes by richoman_3, on Flickr

Scolopendra Laeta D by richoman_3, on Flickr

Scolopendra Laeta D by richoman_3, on Flickr

i have never been a fan, but they are some awsome invertebrates! i dident know they came in so many calours

wow man, those pedes are pretty sick, Shame they died. I've actually have found a couple pedes that look like that last one you posted while herping.

cheers,

@steve, im really not sure tbh, im thinking it was the cold :/

thanks cheekabee, yeah you would of seen the laeta a bit north of melbourne, the green ones (aurantiipes) are all over brimbank !

i used to have about 100 pedes, most of them MUCH MORE spectacular than these, so its gonna be hard to replace most of them that are found in really untouched locations...

a scorp

Liocheles sp. Red by richoman_3, on Flickr

IMG_2412 by richoman_3, on Flickr

Stunning macro shots Nick, very [FONT=&quot]impressive[/FONT]. Shame most of your collection died while you where away :(.

Yeah, much like spiders, these guys creep me out. Awesome pics, though.

So sorry to hear mate, I know that must have sucked for you. Good luck with the rebuild mate.

Great shots Nick; are most of these Melbourne locals? Any tips for photographing pedes and getting them to stay still!

Use a 1:1 macro w/ VR

Set you camera to Shutter priority if they move a lot and use a fast speed ie 1/250 or higher.

Set your camera to Aperture priority for non moving animals, so you can get a shallow debt of field (DOF), like 2.8 or so, to blur the backgrounds.

P.S. an off camera flash would be great too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have to agree with Ron_N_Son here, but they're freaky in a mesmerising way lol. Beautiful colours! I'm sorry so many died while you were away.

thanks everyone !

greg the esulcatus are found around the more wetter/swampy places around victoria (common in the mornington peninsula) laeta are found in more central vic, and the aurantiipes are found all over melbourne !
to get them still i just put something over them so they crawl under

Is it even legal to be taking native centipedes out of the wild mate and I'm guessing most of the places that you take them from is protected mate.

Is it even legal to be taking native centipedes out of the wild mate and I'm guessing most of the places that you take them from is protected mate.

the only place you cant take them from is national parks

Great shots Nick, you are really gettin the hang of your new canon. I think your'e a bit confused though. This aint AIF its APS haha. We want more herp pics mate, but its ok I'll have some to show when I get back from my road trip after the new year.

7772102718_b6e40ea4ef_c.jpg

this one looks boss. You ever been bitten by one??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back