The dog thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one I just posted? Purebred red+white border collie.. there are a few pics on the previous page as well

Hehe I certainly love him :) great fun and a challenge wearing him out. By far my favourite breed, though I also love german shepherds (Second favourite) as well as bernese mountain dogs, golden retrievers, great danes... I'm only really fond of mid to large breed dogs though, personally :)

Kody has already learnt sit (from standing or dropped positions), stay, drop (From both standing and sit positions), 'ta' (i.e. give me whatever he is holding, even if its when we were just playing tug of war), fetch, shake paw (left and right), high five (left and right), high 10, spin and roll over- all learnt in 2 sessions- even though the texts say to teach one trick per session, he just learns and remembers so quick- I've taken him in to both my workplaces and he is good enough that he does these tricks in distracting environments...

Ok, time to stop- just an incredible pup imo. not that I'm biased at all ;)

wow that is awesome. I miss having a yard for this reason! I love dogs especially medium to large sized dogs!

Hehe I certainly love him :) great fun and a challenge wearing him out. By far my favourite breed, though I also love german shepherds (Second favourite) as well as bernese mountain dogs, golden retrievers, great danes... I'm only really fond of mid to large breed dogs though, personally :)

Kody has already learnt sit (from standing or dropped positions), stay, drop (From both standing and sit positions), 'ta' (i.e. give me whatever he is holding, even if its when we were just playing tug of war), fetch, shake paw (left and right), high five (left and right), high 10, spin and roll over- all learnt in 2 sessions- even though the texts say to teach one trick per session, he just learns and remembers so quick- I've taken him in to both my workplaces and he is good enough that he does these tricks in distracting environments...

Ok, time to stop- just an incredible pup imo. not that I'm biased at all ;)
lucky you , my dog was way to energetic to stay still and learn tricks as a pup , shes got the basics like sit and toilet training but no hand shaking or anything (not that i care ) i tried but she just wanted to bounce around and play tug-a-war or sleep , my aunties Jack Russell on the other hand walks backwards when you tell it to reverse

I could never train our first Jack Russell. I think we spoiled her too much for her to obey us. The second one we got was a much more obedient and protective dog.

I want to see more doggies....

We just ended up getting a new Huntaway.... Funny story really.

But, you can just assume the dog got 'dumped' on our doorstep....

Meet Bonnie
229134_406436856079651_893655100_n.jpg

Piri (the older one) makes room for her to sleep in his chair. IMO, he's too tolerant!
293144_407128626010474_1510210126_n.jpg

You can even see when he's using her as a pillow he is still way too tolerant.
484452_407128659343804_1832557124_n.jpg

Taken a few months back in a snow shower - looks like he's having fun... (about 10 months old there)
532521_388368901219780_1984452633_n.jpg

Then realising snow is cold....
380717_388368931219777_669323315_n.jpg

This is Tyke, my friend's boxer - just doing the rounds over the fence and back - it's low, so we're going to challenge him soon to a much higher fence - enjoy the high speed action!

[video=youtube_share;JXALvb2Zlks]http://youtu.be/JXALvb2Zlks[/video]

More dogs...?

this is our new baby Rosie.

P8090022.jpg
Tilly and Rosie are best mates, the silly dog just stays however Tilly places her. in the pic above Tilly had made her a bed, she stayed like that for half an hour.

P8080029.jpg

Here is my Attack Team.

It's funny, their bed is about 1.5 metres from our yearling Diamond, and when they come in at night she comes right over to the glass to have a look. Not sure whether she is sizing them up as a potential meal, or is just intrigued by the movement. :)

55cbcef0.jpg

Last edited:
Bahahaha your attack team looks tough!! How old is the pug? How heavy is the pug? :p

Here is my Attack Team, and one with my daughter.

It's funny, their bed is about 1.5 metres from our yearling Diamond, and when they come in at night she comes right over to the glass to have a look. Not sure whether she is sizing them up as a potential meal, or is just intrigued by the movement. :)

55cbcef0.jpg

63778d72.jpg

Bahahaha your attack team looks tough!! How old is the pug? How heavy is the pug? :p

He's around 5 1/2. He weighs around 13kg. That mean white monster in the back there weighs in at a hefty 3kg !!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
He's around 5 1/2. He weighs around 13kg. That mean white monster in the back there weighs in at a hefty 3kg !!!!!!!

please excuse me for saying this: your daughter has a lovely...... smile. but thats not the first thing i noticed ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
please excuse me for saying this: your daughter has a lovely...... smile. but thats not the first thing i noticed ;)

LOL. I questioned whether to post that pic, but in the end I figured as ferocious as that beast looks with his teeth hanging out, I'm sure APS could handle it ! :p

That's what the snakes are for. At the size they're at right now, they make a fearsome addition to the Attack Team ! :)

Bahaha my mrs is reading and just said I would be the worst/best slightly over protective father if I had a daughter (best imo) :)

Thats um pretty healthy for a pug :p my kelpie x is only about 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back