Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pseudo

Not so new Member
Banned
Reaction score
Following on from my thread on Aussie Snakes which can be seen here - http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/field-herping-reptile-studies-5373/aussie-snakes-190769/ - I thought I'd put up a thread on some of the monitor lizards that I have also encountered on my herping travels. I haven't seen a great deal, and those that I have seen prove to be very hard to photograph!

Black-headed/Freckled Monitor (Varanus tristis)

Northern Ridge-tail Monitor (Varanus primordius)

Lace Monitor (Varanus varius)

Long-tailed Rock Monitor (Varanus kingorum)

Mertens Water Monitor (Varanus mertensi)

Mitchell's Water Monitor (Varanus mitchelli)

Perentie (Varanus giganteus)

Pygmy Mulga Monitor (Varanus gilleni)

Ridge-tailed Monitor (Varanus acanthurus)

Sand Monitor (Varanus gouldii)
editandwatermark.jpg

gouldiiedit.jpg

sandmonitor2.jpg

Spencers Monitor (Varanus spenceri)

habitat - spot the monitor...

Spotted Tree Monitor (Varanus scalaris)

Yellow-spotted Monitor (Varanus panoptes)

Yellow-throated Monitor (Varanus baritji)

Cheers

That's an absolutely awesome series of pictures mate! Some really nice shots in there.

aw wow you said that you hadn't seen much! Your so lucky i've never seen a wild gonna:( [i live in Adelaide no reptile want's to live in Adelaide toooooooooo cold] been raining and blowing real hard fro the last 2 months even when it's a nice sunny day. [Getting a sunny day down here's like finding gold!] Anyway fantastic shot's. What's up with the thong eating gonna:lol:?

Very nice shots.

I wonder why does it asks me if I want to see each photo on a browser or Tapatalk?
(meaning, I have to open every single photo on a separate browser window?!)

It would be great to be able to flick them on same page, instead it opens a photo database or something?

Awesome to be able to find and photograph these in their natural environment! Lucky guy. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great shots Matt. Love the Spencers, i take it he wasnt to happy having a camera shoved in his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back