How to move a python to a new house !!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is the snake moving to a new house or you and your family moving house?.
just put your snake into a suitable container, ie click clack or pillow case and handle with care.
How far are you moving?.

moving houses? I put mine in pillowcases, have taken them in a small click clack as well with no problems.

Pillowcase. But turn it inside out then place the snake in as I've been told from numinous people that the lint that gets trapped in the corners can cause a problem.

The snake will be right in there for hours.

Yeah the family is moving house. Ill probably put my python in a pillow case, i think its the enclosure thats going to be the hard part.

How long can my python stay in a pillow case? It wouldnt be overnight or anything but it may take a while until we drive to the new house and then set up the enclosure all again and stuff.

thanks for the help guys

Do love the amount of detail given here... How far are you moving? Assuming you are moving and not just changing enclosures. What sort of snake and how big? You might be hard pressed to find a pillowcase to take a full size jungle python.

Should be fine for 12 hrs unless locked in a car then you will have problems big problems

Do love the amount of detail given here... How far are you moving? Assuming you are moving and not just changing enclosures. What sort of snake and how big? You might be hard pressed to find a pillowcase to take a full size jungle python.
You could sew a few single bed sheets together if it's a full grown scrubbie

Had pythons in freight for 3 or more days before,
so should be ok for a fair period of time.

Sorry about not adding much detail, im very busy.

I have a jungle python which is about a year and 5-6months old. We are moving about 45 minutes to an hour away.
Should i leave moving the snake to very last or first up, out of all the furniture in the house ect? Im just worried i guess, i dont want to end up with a snake gone missing or even worse dead because, surely im just over reacting and it shouldnt be hard right??

i drove from brisbane to coffs harbour with one of my womas when i picked it up , i just put it in a pillow case inside a click clack , also if youve got a probe thermometer cant hurt to whack that in with it so you can just check the temp whilst you move him just as a precaution so you know if it gets a little warm in there
as for when to do it its up to you really cant see it making all that much difference

Put it in a pillow case, pillow case in a container (so it doesn't get moved around while driving). Can easily be there for a day or two. Don't panic, they're hardy and can be moved any which way or any time as long as they're not in the sun.

Pretty much what everyone else has said, although I would suggest moving the snake and the enclosure in one trip, just so that when you get to the new place, you can put him straight in the enclosure. Even if it's not fully set up etc, it's just to avoid potential issues such as him going missing or getting squished etc.

I would set it up in a click clack at home with heat mat, take enclosure to the house set it up fully then go pick up the snake so u can put it straight into a warm tank.

Okay, thanks for all the help guys. Im moving this wednesday so ill let you know how it goes. Ill put her in a pillow case and then in a click clack, ill do it all at once with the enclosure. best of luck

Yep now we actually know the details... that short a move is no issue. If you are overly worried make sure you set up his enclosure as one of the first jobs at the new house and settle him in. I have a click clack made out of a reject shop 'toy tub' it has a couple of dowels and a spare hide in it. If I need to take skittles anywhere I put her in it with a hot water bottle under one end and sit it on the back seat. But the others are spot on, tie him up in a pillow case and put that in a container so nothing can squish/hurt him then happy travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back