Humidity issues.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbral

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
One of my womas retained his eye caps last shed, to help him out I made a shoe box up as a hide, lined it with a plastic bag and put damp kitty litter in.

He has she's the eye caps but seems to have taken a liking to the box, could the humidity cause issues and should I remove the box?

Cheers,
Timm

Womas are from the desert. My only concerns would be if he spends too much time on a moist surface he could get scale rot. If the temps are cool RI's are also a problem. He would like the box because of the warmth and safety it provides. Keep the box, just change the substrate in it.

Yea that was my concern, the new box is right next to his normal hide so I'm a little confused as to why he likes is.

Yea that was my concern, the new box is right next to his normal hide so I'm a little confused as to why he likes is.

Unfortunately sometimes they don't know whats good for them, just like if given the chance they will burn themselves on lightglobes

He will like it because for some reason it suits him just a bit more. It might be a bit closer to the heat source or then again a bit further. It might be smaller making him feel more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back