Snake shedding weekly

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamalicious

Reaction score
Gday guys and girls

Ive just read a thread about shedding where a someone claimed their snake would some times shed weekly. Not consistently but on occasion. The exact scenario was shedding 3 times in 3 weeks.

Has anyone else heard stories like this? Is this even possible? I cant see how it would be possible for a snake to grow so fast that it had to shed weekly even if it was being over fed.

Id love to hear stories for or against this claim. Im pretty interested to see what other people think.

its happened to me with my female woma that is still growing on a few occasions now , weight records showed increases in weight enough to bring on a shed aswell

although mine was every 2 weeks from 2 feeds and it happened 4 times in a row then i started feeding every 10 days and it stopped for 2 sheds and they where about 6 weeks apart , then when i bumped up the feed size a little she did it again a few times

from what ive been told by a fair few people of whom opinions i respect its quiet normal in growing snakes

Thanks for the reply Thomas. Thats really interesting. I was in no way accusing this person of lying. It just seemed like a lot of growth in a short time. I had no idea snakes could grow that fast but im always happy to be proved wrong and learn something new. Cheers

I think your referring to my thread about me been concerned about my childreni python.

I read they can sometimes shed due to having mites?

Last edited:
,i should add that i wasnt feeding my girl massive food items either , just a fuzzy rat that was about 10 - 15 % of her body weight every 7 days but i decided to space them apart a little more , my male that was being fed from the same supply of rats , has never done this , when i talked to the breeder she told me that she had a hold back doing the same thing and not to worry

My diamond shed 2 weeks ago and then again last night :) She's 8 months, growing quickly so I think it's common if they have growth spurts. Mine eats like a champion

my stimson shed weekly for about 1 month at the end of her first season , then last year shed shed twice only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back