Pondtite coverage?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leamos

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you pondtite fans/users could tell me roughly how many litres of pondtite i'd need to seal the internal walls of a 4x2x2? probably 2 coats minimum cheers

A 1 litre tub usually does 2 coats on a 2x2 wall for me

Just to seal the internal walls or to cover rock wall over that area? I doubt you would use a litre if you're just sealing the inside walls.
And as Thomasssss said, I keep it thin and do at least 3 coats brushing in opposite directions each time.

according to the manufacturer website, Pondtite will take 1.3L to cover 2 square metres PER COAT. having done several large enclosures, i think they are being very overly conservative and maybe using the coloured product, which is substantially thicker

and from memory you should be laying down 3-4 coats for something that will be holding water, and the clear stuff is so economical and goes on so easy that i do 3 -4 coats anyway even just for sealing against 'splashing', just so i have 'room' to use a bit of sandpaper and knock off the shine.

I also mix a few handfuls of sand and pea size stones in with mine to add texture so it tends to go on pretty thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back