lightbulb projectile

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just turned on my Water Dragons light and the lightbulb literally exploded and projectiled out of the holder, sparks flying. Never seen anything like that my water dragon was under the light aswell. Close call if you ask me :shock:

we had the same happen a month ago, we set up the new bhp enclosure and turned it on to check everything, the doors were open on it, we switched it on, i went to get a drink and heard a gunshot like noise and found the lights had exploded, thank god we had no bhp's in there because we found glass imbedded in the wall on the other side of the room. i would have decapatated anything in the enclosure all three lights went,

If it's been working fine up until now it was probably just one of those things. In really rare cases, instead of just burning out, they can go bang. I've seen it happen with one in my house before. Glad your little guy didn't get hurt

Is it possible a few drops of water hit it? i know that definatley causes hot lights to blow.glad your little fella wasnt hurt.

Water or excess moisture from fingers could cause this. I wipe my globs with a dry cloth after screwing them in an haven't had a problem. Very strange and good to to hear your animal was not hurt.

Probably moisture shorting out the fitting. High humidity and lamp holders don't mix well.

Thankfully it.did not shatter , if there.was a cage around the bulb it would have. Got a new bulb so all good now my dragon was pretty chilled throughout.it

Light cages.
So many uses.
shredded high velocity glass anyone? :p

check the humidity when the light is off. it can get alot higher than when it is on, turning it off gives it a chance to build moisture up again. turning it back on lets the smoke out.

we had the same happen a month ago, we set up the new bhp enclosure and turned it on to check everything, the doors were open on it, we switched it on, i went to get a drink and heard a gunshot like noise and found the lights had exploded, thank god we had no bhp's in there because we found glass imbedded in the wall on the other side of the room. i would have decapatated anything in the enclosure all three lights went,

i met a bloke on an archaeological dig yesterday who claimed egyptians settled the east coast of australia, he came from glenrowan. must be something in the water...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back