Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the APS freebie section be used for "wanted for free" adverts or not?

• NO

Votes: 87 90.6%
  • YES

Votes: 9 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mungus

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
It cracks me up all the people wanting free reptiles........
All will be going to loving homes, etc...........yer for 6 months :lol::lol:
Some adds even stipulate " must come with own enclosures " " must be delivered, cannot pick-up " :shock:
Hey I'm giving away gravid albino females ATM.
Please !!!!! PM me with your details [ dont forget your address so i can deliver ] :lol::lol:

if someone wants to get rid of a reptile that badly that they'll part with it for free you have to think there is a reason for that. Can just imagine "Free to good home, 'honey' jungle, 'slightly' cage defensive" hahah

It cracks me up all the people wanting free reptiles........
All will be going to loving homes, etc...........yer for 6 months :lol::lol:
Some adds even stipulate " must come with own enclosures " " must be delivered, cannot pick-up " :shock:
Hey I'm giving away gravid albino females ATM.
Please !!!!! PM me with your details [ dont forget your address so i can deliver ] :lol::lol:

Albino Olives I will take for free... albino Darwins forget it mate.

PM sent anyway.

gave away a free gecko once, it was then sold 5-6 months later for market value.
well it was theirs to do what they want with it, but they should have gave it away if they don't want it anymore.

I often give away big male cichlid on another forum, when they get too big to breed without killing the females...they often pop up on gum tree for redonkulous amounts of money.

If something goes wrong down the track, will these people be starting "free Vetrinary care needed" threads? Lol

I've got freebies but I'd rather wait and offer to people who seem to know whatthere doing not give to beggars

What freebies wp? ;) I'm just looking for an albino olive if you don't want it anymore

People that openly ask for free reptile should get nothing IMO. the word parasite comes to mind!

I was thinking the same thing except I was gonna be a smart bottom and place my own smart mouth wanted advert. Something along the lines of all things wanted for free, lint and belly fluff included.

I want everything for free... dont you all? I'll take all things that are free, reptiles, rodents, cash, advice... just no smacks in the mouth, all full up on them LMAO.
But seriously, wt fudge?

I live in a very transient place with a lot of military personnel who get posted all of the time. These people come to Darwin and see snakes for sale on every bill board and pet shop and think cool I’ll have 1 of those. 2 or 3 years later they get posted or get out and move back to a state like TAS or WA where they aren't able to import the reptile. Some people find it to difficult to sort out import/export permits and I have heard plenty of stories in Darwin of people letting their reptiles go in the wild.

Therefore you opinionated narrow minded people who call people like me parasites trying to do the right thing all round should have a little think before they gob off.
I won't even go into the environmental effects of reptiles being released into an area they aren't indigenous too. Anyone seen the effects of the Burmese Python in Florida?????????

So to all those that have something more to say that is negative are you really sure of the facts or are jumping on the peer pressure group wagon and pigeon holing people?

Any reptiles I have acquired as a freebie have a nice enclosure made by me in my living room where they will stay for the rest of their lives.

It seems a lot of people on this forum love to jump on band wagon and go the hack without knowing all of the details. e.g. (the poor 13 year old kid that was bitten by his Children’s Python)

a few years ago i gave a so called mate a colletts yearling and a slatey grey adult only three months later he wanted 750 for a 2 year old black headed python the ads are a laugh its not just reptiles on gumtree its cars as well bugger your albino olives i want a pair of albino tigers thanks

hmmm, i do ask for free reptiles why beacause i can, because i can offer them a good home and save the money insted of buying them and spend it on them. because if you don't ask you don't get.
i have been given a free turtle, 2 pythons and a bearded dragon would i sell them? HELL NO. i love them to bits and this is their forever home. 6 months has past on the turtle and beardie and i never sold them.

NO EVERYONE IS AN *******.

the beary i got for free its owner had no time for him and could not be bothered selling so asked my to take it asap for free.
turtle same story no time for her and her mother was scared of it, lol.

so before you judge me, look at yourselfs.

i advertise that i will take in any unwanted reptiles, have never asked for enclosure or food ect
i have people contact me who see my add and have no time for their pets or get bored of them.
thank god for people like me who take them in and give them a forever home. not sell them 6 months later.

so get off your high horses and stop sterotyping people wen you know nothing about us.

Ross River in Townsville has all sorts of tropical fish from the Army just letting them go. There used to be Discus and Angels and all sorts swimming in there. It is a problem wherever there is a large transient population.

There are also a lot of people that get snakes for example and a new gf or change of circumstances and they just want to get rid of it. With family problems and so on, sometimes a reptile is way down the list of things people want to deal with.

The funniest "free to good home" I have come across though was a kid about 12 going around to people who had dogs for sale. He would turn up at the door with a sob story about how his own dog had just died and he didn't have much money, an hour later he was walking home with a new puppy with papers. He only got caught out when one of those puppies was seen by the former owner for sale for $600 two weeks later. Apparently he raked in about 10k over 6 months.

why not? someone might be stupid enough to give them one, can't hurt to ask can it? why are you all so butthurt.jpg over it? 1st world problems or what? :D :p

p.s the free pets i have been given, i pay for the vet bills. lol some people

seriously what would you people rather i advertise and people give me thier unwanted reptiles or that they get dumped on the side of the road or in the bush.

I've got nothing against people taking in unwanted reptiles from " giveaway " adds posted in the Freebies section, friends, whatever............
But people requesting " free reptiles " ?? Come on, get real !!!
Its just becoming a to common practice these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back