New indoor bobtail enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt-to-the-K

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have recently gotten an old fish tank from the parents and made it my new bobtail enclosure.

Dimensions - 1800x600x600

I only have two residents at the moment and not expecting babies as I didn't cool them too thoroughly but who knows what might happen.

Basking spot is currently at 33-34 will probably try bump it up 5 degrees or so in the coming weeks/months, I'm not overly concerned about the sand substrate getting ingested or anything as they get fed over the left side of the tank and i have moved the basking spot closer to the centre over the fake grass so they don't lie in it whilst basking.

Any tips/advice on improving the enclosure are welcomed.
Thanks

95879244-3aa0-c944.jpg

95879244-3aae-da13.jpg

95879244-3ad1-f858.jpg

i have no tips for you because that is a great enclosure and a great pair of shingles. Nice

I personally would put another rock under the light so that heats up as well, also maybe a UV light? It's debatable whether or not one is needed but better safe than sorry! You could also make the whole enclosure sand if you want to as long as you feed them in a dish. I'd also either put two rocks fairly close together or a hollow log so they can shed their skin a bit easier. But other than at it's a nice big enclosure and I'm very jealous of your shingles

That light is a 160w Exo terra Solar Glo MVB so it is UV.

I kind of like the look of fake grass in there plus I have a few spares to swap around when they get dirty.
I've been meaning to go for a walk around and grab a few rocks and branches... Whoops

Thanks Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back