Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the APS freebie section be used for "wanted for free" adverts or not?

• NO

Votes: 87 90.6%
  • YES

Votes: 9 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When l was young my parents told me l could have what ever l wanted......just go and work to pay for it so you appreciate your purchase......solar 17 (Baden)

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i really don't care anymore, since this thread has been put up i have been offered heaps more free reptiles. lucky me and lucky them, they get a nice new home.

didn't know i had to add my surname colin, were do i add that in.

I gave away a lot of reptiles here not so long ago .... and the person that i gave them to didn't ask for them they were offered! ...and i think thats how it should be as well. so many people in todays world tend to think they should be entitled to a hand out ....or you see someone asking for a free python or such because they have no funds ... or are young ... or any other pity stories they come out with ,,,,then low and behold 6 months later they have a full list of pythons and such when they couldn't buy the 1st one ... how on earth do they even start to provide for that animal

Well done Colin and thanks to the other mods for supporting him.
Everytime I see these adds I can't help but think of the word hoarder.

Get a job.

I agree 100%. People should get a job and buy the reptiles they want - not be desperate enough just to take freebies. This infers that these people don't know there stuff. A person dedicated to a species would make sure they are financially stable enough to support the animal (heating, feeding, medical AND COVER PURCHASE COSTS etc) and put significant amount of time into researching the species requirements.

Moochers will get offered something, put 5 mins of research into it and then say yes. Dedication and passion - I think not. Being cheap, I think so.

The price herps are dropping down to these days they will all be give away's in in next few seasons lol

If you can't afford to buy an animal (dog, snake, whatever) then you sure as heck won't be able to afford looking after one, let alone vets bills.

The purchase price of any pet is the cheapest thing IMO, ongoing cost such as food, medications (dogs for example - worming, flea treatment, vaccinations, tick prevention, heartworm) and that's not on top of any unexpected vets bills.

I would love to have an albino - so I'm saving up for the next 6 months after putting a holding deposit on a (not yet hatched) hatchy. :D

lol, maybe because i contacted him and told him about this and asked if he could say something for all you people who know nothing about me but yet think you do. he joined way before this all started.

LOL so what you are saying is it would be better to give an unwanted reptile to you first, so you can see if it's worth anything, then if not send it to wires? Or if it is you can keep a hold of it with the provided enclosure untill the holding date comes? Sounds logical for a self centred titeass. It almost sounds like a lucrative tax free enterprise.... work you say?

You are not the only person out there that will care for un-loved animals... WIRES/NANA etc also pay for advertising to.... do you?

Fairness is first in best dressed. I've missed out on a few animals whose future residence was decided on fairly. I would hate to think it was to fleas like you.

Might as well throw my two cents worth in!

I have been the lucky recipiant of a free pair of snakes after someone ran out of time to sell them before they had to move, I answered an add on the spur of the moment, not really thinking they would still be available and was very surprised when I got a call to say they were mine. At the time of exchange we worked out a deal that if I`m successful in breeding them he gets first choice of a pair of hatchies.

However I don`t agree with advertising for free animals. I too have noticed the increase in these adds lately and congratulate Mungus for raising the issue and Colin for doing something about it.

By the way Mungus, my young fella`s been saving for an Albino Darwin, he`s got $23.65;) lol!

Well you tell him to come and see me in early January and i'm sure we can work out something out ;)

12 was before all this.

fourexes if thats directed at me read my previous posts, i have never sold a reptile. i have never given a reptile to wires. and yes i know there are organisations out that that help.

So Lebsta is painting you up as an absolute saint and crediting you with giving his son two free pythons. If anyone should receive the credit for that it is the person who offloaded the animals in the first place, not you. Has Lebsta jr. been instructed to make a nice "Thank You" card for this person ?

What about the 6 month rule - I trust that is being adhered to ?

i purched the coastals i never got them for free. and yes i have had them over 6 months. no i did not get a thank you card he said thanks in person.

Two years ago , just before my sons b/day i was on this site early one afternoon and saw a free beardie offer , as he had just racked up a LARGE mobile phone bill we didnt want to get much for him but he had been asking for a lizzard ever since we got our snakes ( he is not a snake boy !!) so i thought that it was the only way he would get a decent pressie . So of to the gong we went , when the giver saw my son and his response :D to the gift he was as happy as our son . Ever since our daughter has been asking for a free green tree python :( but I keep telling that she has to pay for it . So I have this thread going on in my house constantly:lol:

We now have a male beardie to keep the girl company that my son saved up for ( thanks Fay) and they are not going anywhere !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back