Thermostat...what is it? Where do I get it?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

Please see pic below. I am after a few of these. Name doesn't seem to be on it. So what is it? Where can I get it at a reasonable price as I want a few.

P1030698.jpg

That's an ATC-210 Day & Night Dimmer Thermostat. A few suppliers stock them and I've seen them priced at anything from $100-$160, you could possibly get them cheaper if you shop around or buy in bulk.

Bet me to it! ;)

They are good those faye,been running mine over a year no problems,its just understanding all the settings and testing to make sure you got settings right.
Dont lose the instructions,photocopy them so you have a few sets is a good idea.

i got a few off a guy on tradfing post for 100 each.. they are a tiny bit chinesey but still going ok. heaps better than seperate timer and thermo..

They are good those faye,been running mine over a year no problems,its just understanding all the settings and testing to make sure you got settings right.
Dont lose the instructions,photocopy them so you have a few sets is a good idea.

I've been checking out people's opinions of these around the web and the reviews seem fairly mixed. As you have mentioned, their setup appears to be a sticking point.

Why would you choose one of these over, say, a Habistat ? Especially given that the latter appears to be somewhat cheaper.

Last edited:
I am a bit of a newbie, but i got one of these for $100 in Melb, and the instructions were not that hard to follow...
Havent been using it long, but looks to be a good unit, i sat a digital thermo beside the pick up and they are always very close to one another in temp.

I use this thermostat and its great, I bought mine from HissnBits I think :)

Fairly cheap for a dimming thermostat, most places sell the microclimate B1 for around $180. Only problem with the ATC is when there is a power failure, when power comes back on it goes into safe mode which from memory is 18deg and the timer is left off, so no lights etc. ok if you are home but can be a problem if out all day or away.

mine has internal memory by the seems of it. even with moving hose it kept its settings.. i had to send one back because the internal clock just wouldnt set but now they are sweet. better than the little lcd screen ones because these have a better variance alarm setting in them. i still dont 100 percent trust it but ive gottn a year from 2 of them with no troubles so far :) after a power out mine turn the lights back on too. the internal clock has a back up battery i think..

mine has internal memory by the seems of it. even with moving hose it kept its settings.. i had to send one back because the internal clock just wouldnt set but now they are sweet. better than the little lcd screen ones because these have a better variance alarm setting in them. i still dont 100 percent trust it but ive gottn a year from 2 of them with no troubles so far :) after a power out mine turn the lights back on too. the internal clock has a back up battery i think..

- - - Updated - - -

Mine does keep its settings just the clock needs to be reset then all good, maybe mine has a faulty battery.

I wonder if the timer function on this model for night time drop is better than the 'magic eye' function on the herpstat.

magic eye will give seasonal photoperiods without having to adjust timers. I love my B1ME stats (got 3 from uk for under $300 then had plugs replaced by a sparky)

We run 2 of them and very happy with function and quality. BOY do you know about it though if your heat globe goes in the middle of the night and the temp alarm is set off LOL (imagine fire alarm reaction at 3am!!)

But they work and we are more than happy. Got ours for $100 each posted off eBay and after setting them up and going through a little bit of frustration with mine (not understanding that it needed to cycle a few times to get the temps right etc - I got it spot on with the 2nd set up) they haven't missed a beat.

I find that once a month I need to fiddle with the time - but other than that, rapt.

We have a few types of thermostats. We have found these the best so far. I really do not like Microclimate...for such and expensive one it is very hard to set the temp on them....

Hey Fay , I used to get them from Victorian Reptile Supplies , Can't recall price though ... ( I put my phone in washing machine so did not return your call about them ... )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back