Night Light

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Will soon be building a large enclosure for my python, had an idea that a night light would be an amazing feature for where this enclosure will be ( under my stairs lol ) Although i havent found any Night Lights for pythons and i do not want to have a light thats going to piss off my snake, Anyone use a night light or something similar to be able to see their snakes at night ?

I've been using the infrared globes as a primary heat source for a long time, without issue. Some people say that the snakes can see these lights, and although I don't have the knowledge to dispute that, I can say it certainly doesn't tick mine off.

When I first started using lights as a heat source I was using the "party lights", that have a clear neck. White light was emitted through the clear neck and my snakes would always hide away. The moment (within minutes, literally) I changed over to the infrared globe in one tank the occupant started coming out and exploring. So I've used the IR globes ever since.

Having said that, people have been using the party lights for years without trouble, so I guess it all boils down to personal preference.

i use cords and panels, so i also use actual night lights from bunnings so my herp rooms arent pitch black at night, not in the actual cage, just in a power point in the room.
i get the ones that flash all different colours till you press a button and it selects the colour so you get a choice on brightness.

I use blue LEDs which to me represent a moonlit night. Doesn't seem to bother the my Darwin as he does his usual snakey thing - as in eats, craps and sleeps. I just use a short strip of LEDs (in plastic tube) from Supercheap Auto that run off an old 12 V power supply from a drill charger. Costs less than $50 all set up I have this on a timer so that it overlaps my "daytime" LEDs by hald hour.

LEDs use bugger all power

I use waterproof aquariums blue LED strip lights that I found on eBay. Very happy with the result and the snakes are out and about when they are on

i got some LED lights around the house might throw them in one day and see how it goes, guess its one way to find out

I use two 40LED aquarium white lights as my daytime lighting for my gammon, only use 3w to run and produce no heat. Cost about $14 off eBay and come in blue and orange as well. Took about 10 days to get here from hong kong.

I use the blue 18 LED aquarium lights in my 3ft tank. My stimmi loves it so much he tries to crawl up around it. I also have a white one and run the both of them on separate timers with an overlap of 15 minutes. I got them off eBay for about $23 each including postage. Only problem is that they have an international plug but the guy supplied adapters. The great thing is they are only 1 watt so use bugger all power and give a great effect.

i use a ceramic heat emitter for heat , that way i never have to turn it off , and for lighting of a night , coz i dont use it that much i have just got some cheap led torches with a key chain on the back , coloured them in blue with a good permanent marker with a few coats of it , and hung them from the roof , because their a torch and the python cant wrap itself around the glass front and it emits not heat they don't need cages

i use red bulbs and you would use a thermostat so it wouldnt be on all night only if it gets below the temp you set it at and when it gets above that it turns off and does that cycle all night (you can also use it during the day thats what i do) hope this helped :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back